Would you like a role where you can make a personal impact at senior level?
Are you passionate about Security matters, and sharing your knowledge and expertise to promote a better security culture across Government?
Could you explain a DDoS or Ransomware attack and its implications to an Executive Committee?
If so, we may have the role for you:
This is a unique opportunity to work with three Government Departments; the Charity Commission, the National Archives, and the Competition and Markets Authority. We are searching for a professional with up-to-date security experience and knowledge, particularly in cyber-security. Advising top decision-makers in the organisations, you will guide, enable and support the delivery of security and also embed a security culture in the respective organisations.
That isn't the whole picture however- because of the uniqueness of the role (working with 3 different departments) we are looking for a special person who can combine the technical know-how with high quality interpersonal and influencing skills. We need someone who will:
- Flourish with the challenge and working in fast-paced environments
- Be influential and persuasive with very senior partners
- Build the security environment for three different organisations - working across them to develop their policies, procedures, and culture;
- Be proactive about representing the departmental interests and views to the wider Government Security profession and cluster delivery units.
- Influence the shape and future direction of security across government
- Use and develop skills to define and deliver the security culture defined and agreed with you at Board Level.
- Express security risk in a business context and drive and the security outcomes
What's in it for you?
- We offer a role that's an outstanding stepping stone to the next level, with a highly visible profile in Government security
- The opportunity to use your expertise and experience to influence and shape the future of Government security more widely;
- We will invest in your professional development, giving you access to appropriate training and the network of security professionals across government.
- As the first person to hold the role, you will have the opportunity to craft the way the role works across the three partner departments.
- You'll be part of a new, encouraging network of Security experts across government
- You will work with the diverse business areas of the three organisations, and the government security profession, giving you options to take your career in a range of directions.
- Working within Government security, your work will make a real difference in safeguarding the lives and livelihoods of UK citizens.
Plus you'll have all the benefits of working in the Civil Service, including a generous annual leave allowance, competitive pension scheme, a flexible approach to working, and being part of an inclusive and diverse workforce,
We are equal opportunity employers and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.