LBG is committed to help Britain prosper and become the best bank for customers. As part of this we're transforming our digital capability, providing customers with simpler, seamless interactions across online, mobile and branches. LBG digital channels have over 12 million active online customers with over 1 billion logons per year.
Commercial Servicing Lab is continually improving and extending our digital offering for our customers and we are also changing the way we deliver change to our customers.
Now we want to do more, we now have career opportunities for driven individuals to take on a Software Engineer role delivering or helping to deliver exciting customer driven solutions. The ultimate measure of success for LBG is Quality software in production with the team being continually challenged, motivated, mentored and supported and being part of an autonomous team driving quality solutions.
This is very much a hands-on role, which will best suit a Software Engineer with strong knowledge of Software and platform-level development and a passion for agile software practices. Your focus will be to identify and delivery improvements across design, implementation and deployment of new & existing technologies and articulate to the business the reasons for and benefits of the proposed changes.
- Strong experience in REST APIs and micro service architecture.
- Experience in building backend applications using NodeJS (preferably), Loopback is a plus .
- Experience with asynchronous programing.
- Experience in relational databases.
- Understanding in Data Structure and Algorithms.
- Experience code versioning tools, such as Git.
- A solid understanding of how web applications work such as security, session management, and best development practices.
- Docker and container technologies for building and deploying applications
- Working knowledge of DevOps toolsets (Jenkins, UrbanCode).
- Understanding on cloud-native architectural patterns and knowledge/experience in Kubernetes.
- Knowledge of agile development practices, continuous integration and test automation (TDD, BDD, Selenium, Jasmine).
- Experience across the entire software development life-cycle from inception, through build to production.
- Ability to effectively work with multi-disciplinary, internal and external distributed teams across the project lifecycle.
- Pragmatism and a "can-do" attitude.
Key accountabilities, Responsibilities, Accountabilities & Deliverables
- Engineering reusable, well-tested software components and enterprise APIs that remain easy to maintain as the code base and business continues to scale.
- Ensure that software is built in a way which is consistent with - and exploits where possible - the collective frameworks, patterns and practices that exist across the wider Engineering community.
- Understand and apply industry best practices, foster knowledge sharing to provide solutions for complex business problems where no precedent may exist, and ensure implementation of solutions where appropriate.
- Mentor and develop more junior Node engineers, providing clear and constructive feedback and creating opportunities for learning and growth.
- Relentless focus on delivering business value through sound engineering methods and principles
Our vision of being the best bank for customers is dependent on every colleague committing to and demonstrating our core value of "putting customers first". By individually and collectively committing to our Group values and codes, we will be able to make a difference together and help Britain prosper.
At LBG, we're invested in your continual development. That's why we've fostered a collaborative learning environment that supports your career goals and encourages knowledge-sharing. Our inclusive culture offers you flexibility to try new things while helping you build the future you want.
What will you get in return?
On top of our team ethos we're genuine about both equal opportunity and our colleagues representing the communities we serve - developing and advancing the best in our people.
You'll also get
In return you'll benefit from a competitive salary and generous out of hour's payments on top of which we'll provide:
- An on target performance bonus of c.20%
- A generous pension contribution
- 28 days leave plus bank holidays
- A 4% flex cash pot to spend on benefits (or take as cash)
- Private health cover
- Share schemes including free shares
We're genuine about providing equal opportunity as well as our people representing the communities we serve and have a culture built around developing and advancing the best of our people.
Sound like your ideal next workplace?
So if you have the skills we're after and playing a key role in our ongoing support and development appeals then get in touch, we'd love to hear from you...