Azure Cloud Operations Engineer
* Any UK office/Hybrid working options
* £50,000 – 60,000 + benefits
* AZURE SAAS
Leading professional services company are actively recruiting for an experienced Azure Cloud Operations Engineer to support the IT Operations team managing the UK Cloud estate primarily focused on Azure cloud Delivery.
This will involve ensuring it is operated in line with best practice industry standards, that key performance metrics are captured and reported, and the IT environment is optimised. This Includes Compliance and Lifecycle management, that technology remains updated in line with vendor support and that good practice is adhered in areas including Compliance, Version Control, Capacity Management, Data Cleansing, Archiving, Backup, Recovery, DR, and Business Continuity
Responsibilities for the position of Azure Cloud Operations Engineer
* The post holder must be experienced in driving improvement, identifying and owning change with a track record in a high-level of operational delivery.
* The current technology stack is completely cloud, primarily Azure, but also uses a variety of other dependant solutions.
* The candidate will be experienced in a broad variety of technology areas including Cloud, Digital and Virtual Delivery with experience across Core Network and Network Security solutions and able to demonstrate a focus in Service Management best practice. They will have demonstrate experience and a track record of delivering a highly professional standard technology solutions at a significant organisation (>1,000 seats), with exposure to transformation in Professional or Managed Services preferred.
* They will also engage and technically support in driving drive performance in third parties and will have a solid understanding of commercials and licensing agreements to ensure value for money in the function.
Essential skills for the position of Azure Cloud Operations Engineer
* Experience in managing, supporting, and maintaining enterprise solutions with a good appreciation of Native Cloud design & delivery.
* Excellent troubleshooting, problem solving & delivery skills coupled with a good understanding of ITIL support processes.
* Experience in implementing, customising, and supporting third party systems including managing suppliers to delivery.
* Awareness of structured project management methods (SDLC, Prince, Agile, etc)
* Experience in supporting a combination Cloud (Azure) and SaaS based solutions