My client is an established Tier 1 who works within the Rail sector and they’re looking for an experienced Senior Quantity Surveyor to join a small but established team in Canary Wharf working on a large £15m project.
The project consists of the management and maintenance of assets throughout a Rail line in Central London which consists of trackside and stations.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced Quantity Surveyor to be involved with a team that is managing a number of different assets such as Civils, Signalling, Comms and Construction.
The client has an in house team of engineers/ management to manage these works, and only uses two sub contractors to manage the specialist works.
• Involvement in tenders including negotiations with delivery and commercial teams
• Assistance in preparation of tender documents e.g. contractor's proposals
• Assistance in preparation of project budgets
• Preparation of monthly cost and value reports and reconciliation
• Negotiations with client's surveyor and other representatives
• You will be responsible for civils asset management projects
• Schemes ranging from £5k right up to £2m+ (offering fast paced work)
• Full contractual applications (NR/Maintenance Contracts)
• Maintaining and Administering terms set out in the contract (CVRs, etc.)
• Supply-chain and sub-contractor management
• Meetings with Senior Management and Clients This framework will appeal to all Quantity Surveyors and Senior Quantity Surveyors, and will offer a fast-paced, progressive workload allowing the ideal candidate to get the job satisfaction.
Starting salary set between £65 – 70,000 + Bonuses + Healthcare + Full benefits
The Quantity Surveyor position will report in to the Commercial Manager and work as part of a projects team in Canary Wharf.
Ideally you will have worked in the Rail sector for contractors or Tier 1’s on projects that have involved Civils, Construction or Engineering works.
If you’re looking for career progression within a business, structured works within a good friendly team atmosphere then please send contact Simon Bedlow at HP4 Recruitment by email or by the phone number provided.
Keywords – Civils // Rail // Engineering // Maintenance Contracts // London Underground // Quantity Surveyor // NEC3 // JCT