An opportunity has arisen for an Accounts Assistant to work in a busy growing finance department for our clients who are a leading independent property group. The role will involve working on the sales ledger for the group and its subsidiary including invoicing, credit control and month end processes.
The position requires daily communication with B2B and B2C clients, third party suppliers and other divisions across the group. It is essential that applicants are confident communicators, numerate, have keen attention to detail and enjoy working as part of a team.
Some previous accounts experience is a necessity. Any accountancy qualifications or experience within the property sector would be advantageous but not essential. The ideal candidate will be looking to progress their career within accounts. Training and support for accountancy qualifications will be available to the right candidate.
Duties will include:
* Posting of daily bank and credit card receipts.
* Allocation of receipts.
* Creation of manual invoices and credit notes as necessary.
* Oversee Sales Order system and investigate and resolve any issues.
* Production of client statements.
* Produce and manage debtors list.
* Chasing clients and intermediaries for any outstanding balances.
* Issue debtors list to division heads where necessary and resolve any queries.
* Assist with legal recovery.
* Confirm sales invoicing with branch managers and division heads at the end of the month.
* Resolve any month end billing queries.
* Entry of monthly invoicing data and ensuring all sales ledger items are correctly posted before month end closes.
* Month end adjustment journals and month end accruals
* Month end and mid-month reporting
* Any other ad hoc duties
* Ambitious, self-motivated and forward thinking.
* Keen to investigate and solve problems.
* Able to work under pressure and to deadlines.
* An effective communicator; both verbal and written.
* Able to manage their time and workload priorities.
* Proficient in Excel.
What our client can offer you:
* Excellent career opportunities.
* Structured Training and support.
* Subsidised Gym Membership.
* Enhanced/additional holiday over Christmas period.
* Birthday day off.
Due to the volume of applications we receive, if Capital London Recruitment Ltd has not contacted you within a few days of your application then please assume you have not been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Please note that by applying for this job vacancy you accept Capital London Recruitment Ltd Privacy and GDPR Policy. This can be found at our website and therefore give us consent to contact you. Please note that upon applying for the role you give us permission to forward on your cv to the client. Your cv will not be sent directly if the client is noted as one of your previous or current employer(s)