A University in London are currently seeking a Database Integration Developer on a 3-6 month contract. The Database Developer will play a key part in the development and integration of their student database system and related databases.
This is a hybrid role, 2-3 days on site. Experience working in the higher education sector is required for this role.
– Designing, building and supporting integration solutions that fit within the enterprise's larger data integration strategy or initiative, including recommending data integration tools. Ensuring that the solutions follow data integration best practices
– Interviewing business users and business analysts to understand the use cases that the integration solution must support
– Ensuring high availability, backup and recovery of production databases and integrations
– Act as a technical lead in data integration, business intelligence (BI) and enterprise information management projects
– Planning upgrades, migrations and new implementations of Databases and Integrations
– Good experience working in the higher education sector (essential)
– Minimum of two year's experience of integrating IT solutions
– Certification and ongoing training on at least one DBMS, including detailed knowledge of the database and DBMS software, and some programming skills
– An understanding of business processes and the databases they access, and the flow of information between processes
– Experience supporting SQL Server
– Knowledge of data integration tools
– Familiarity with multiple methods of data integration including RESTful APIs
– Substantial experience of designing and writing ETL scripts or code to make sure the data flows between the required tools