A brief description about the company and company benefits
We are fast growing district heating Contractor based in London and we work UK wide. We operate as the Principal Contractor to a wide range of clients, and we combine our civil engineering and mechanical engineering experience and competence to deliver high spec and, in some cases, complex district heating schemes for clients.
As a fast-growing business we offer a huge opportunity for talented people who wish to advance their careers.
We are currently recruiting a Site Manager for projects based in London.
What the job involves, its roles and duties.
The Site Manager’s role will entail managing the Project to the specified quality, the required programme and to the maximum commercial performance. The role involves working closely with the Client, the PPC Contracts Manager and project team to ensure that the project is completed in a safe manner, whilst ensuring Client requirements and expectations are always maintained or exceeded.
The Site Manager will report to the Contracts Manager, and they will have responsibility for the following duties.
* The Site Manager will manage a site workforce capable of constructing the District Heating network in a safe and diligent manner.
* Responsibility for delivery of the project from construction phase to completion including all handover documentation.
* Management of specialist Subcontractors such as NDT, welding etc.
* Develop and maintain construction programmes.
* Report to the Contracts Manager any risks, opportunities, and any mitigation strategies required to maintain the project completion date.
* Ensure production and implementation of Project Plans, risk assessments, method statements, site diaries, site waste management plans, and procurement of plant and materials are in line with company procedures.
* By example, set the highest possible standards of leadership in promotion of HS&E procedures and best practice, ensuring compliance with Company procedures and legal obligations.
* Appreciate the responsibilities of personnel under their authority and ensure that each employee knows his/her responsibility and are equipped to play their part. Organise training as necessary.
* Allocate HSE responsibilities and duties for the site team, check understanding and provide training as necessary.
* Ensure that the project and the project team comply fully with CDM legislation.
* Oversee on a day-to-day basis the site team to ensure that production targets are achieved, and the highest quality is maintained.
* Build and maintain good relationships with the Client and other project stakeholders.
* If required, assist in developing engineering solutions and design in order that a buildable cost-effective construction solution is delivered that fulfils the Client’s requirements.
* Assisting the Project QS prepare estimates for additional work, notifying the QS of additional works.
* Assist the commercial team in producing the financial forecast / cost & value reporting, and to monitor and control project costs effectively.
Any experience and/or education requirements.
* Minimum 7 years construction experience with a proven operational record.
* Must have worked in a utilities highways environment.
* Technically and commercially competent.
* Minimum HND level of education.
* Excellent communication, people and team management skills, with the ability to influence, motivate and mentor.
* Knowledge of Client Standards, Specifications, Procedures & Working Practices.
* Good working knowledge of CDM regulations..
* CSCS manager’s card
* Ability to manage and deliver a successful project with minimal guidance
* Problem solving and analytical thinking
£50k to £60k depending on experience plus transport will be provided.
Circa April / May 2023