Assistant Quantity Surveyor opportunity to join a growing SME Construction consultancy in central London
* 1-3 years of Quantity Surveying experience in any sector
* Great opportunities to complete your APC with a high success rate
* Modern, progressive construction consultancy
We’re working with a brilliant, modern consultancy who are recruiting an Assistant Quantity Surveyor.
The Assistant Quantity Surveyor will join a specialist construction consultancy who provide solutions for developers, investors, policymakers and the supply chain. They are focused on helping deliver great homes and places viably whilst also addressing bigger economic, societal and environmental challenges.
If you want to take the next steps in your Quantity Surveying career and join a business who have their finger on the pulse of the market, then this could be the perfect place for you.
* Support to project leads in the delivery of cost management services to our clients.
* Responsible for quantification for and / or maintenance of a project cost plan, or key elements from it.
* Monitoring cost plan variance against client’s budget, including cost reconciliations and commercial aspects of change control in the pre-construction stages of projects.
* Collation / structuring of cost data to share with wider business, contribution to dissemination of data through project cost teams as part of their knowledge initiatives
* Support to project lead in cost reporting and contract administration roles on site.
* Undertaking monthly site valuations and processing Contractor applications for payment.
* Responsibility for an element or elements of a project(s). This to include (but may not be limited to):
* Meeting attendance and internal reporting on behalf of project lead(s).
* Engagement with key members of the supply chain to establish relevant and up to date market intelligence
* Engagement with project design teams to proactively manage design to budget
* Procurement activities
* Creation and maintenance of close relationships with the appropriate level representative for your clients.
* Undertaking of quality assurance checking (QA) and compliance with key process to ensure outputs are delivered with accuracy and of the standards expected by the business.
* Actively embrace our share and learn values, sharing knowledge through internal platforms and other avenues.
* Promote continued sharing with others in your peer group.
Assistant Quantity Surveyor skills:
* Strong communication skills – able to communicate confidently with colleagues and clients.
* Keen attention to detail with an eye for quality and accuracy and an understanding of the importance of quality assurance.
* High standards of literacy and numeracy.
* Strong time management and prioritisation skills.
* Ability to work well with others.
* Passion for self-learning, particularly with respect to new building technology, MMC and digital work platforms.
* Aspiration to achieve Membership status of the RICS.
* Self-awareness and desire to seek feedback through formal / informal channels.
* Drive, enthusiasm, and keenness to explore new methods of working