* Undertake collection of clinical waste, domestic waste, general waste, confidential waste and laundry from internal departments and associated properties on the main hospital site, ensuring the correct method of storage, disposal and transportation is complied with and that equipment is locked at all times, reporting issues as they arise.
* Reception duties, monitoring CCTV, signing in and out visitors, key distribution and allocation.
* Provide a portering service to include furniture removal and a delivery service to departments.
* Provide a relocation service for small scale projects within and across hospital properties.
* Maintain tidiness of internal and external public areas to include hubs, corridors, entrance areas, waste compound etc addressing and removing discarded items such as linen cages, NHS Supplies' trollies, fly-tipped items, needle sticks (using appropriate PPE) etc to ensure a safe site and high standard of presentation at all times across the site.
* On occasion accommodate the transfer of patients between departments, associated properties and residences.
* Transportation of goods and supplies to community departments, to include a post run, pharmacy deliveries and a confidential waste collection service.
* Assist Facilities Team Leader as required with emergency evacuation or other emergency situations as they arise
* Standard DBS Police check within a year old.
* Porter Experience
* Good written and verbal English skills
* Available Immediately
* UK Driving Licence
this position is subject to references and a Disclosure & Baring Service Check.
To apply for this position, please send an up-to-date CV. Please note that due to the high level of applicants we are not able to respond to unsuccessful candidates, and if you have not been contacted within seven days please assume you have not been selected on this occasion.
Zoom Recruitment Services Ltd is a specialist agency supplying permanent, temporary and contractual staff within NHS, Commercial, Logistical, Industrial and Technical sectors. We are also accredited members of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC) and follow professional and ethical working procedures