My client is seeking Senior Private Client Solicitor to join your central London office on a hybrid working basis, 2 days in office with 3 at home.
When working from home, an “Agile Working Day” has been adopted.
Reporting to the Head of Department, the principal purpose of the role is to deliver high quality legal services to clients on a full range of private client matters, including Wills, Inheritance tax planning, Trusts, Probate, Powers of Attorney, Court of Protection and Elderly Client matters. By working collaboratively with all members of the Private Client department, the post-holder will provide our clients with a service that is of a high standard, ensures the department works effectively and promotes a professional image of the Firm at all times
The role requires management and control of a caseload, workload and risk management in relation to the role, as well as people and processes in relation to the department and firm. It includes helping to develop relationships across departments, as well as interaction with other law firms and professionals. The role also involves working with the management team from time to time, assisting in the design, delivery and implementation of system changes, workflow and process improvements, as well as active involvement in delivering business development activities to promote the Private Client department and the firm as a whole.
•To operate within a departmental structure delivering a consistent, excellent standard of legal services to our clients.
•Undertake fee-earning work, working both independently and as a member of the team and provide a profitable contribution to the work of the department.
•Manage private client matters.
Maintain high standards in the processing of client work, both in respect of professional standards and client care
• Attend upon clients to take instructions and provide advice on the most appropriate course of action to meet their needs
• Carry out all actions in relation to executing client instructions in an efficient and timely manner.
• Ensure the confidentiality and security of all company and client documentation, information and effects.
• Maintain good professional working relationships with external institutions and organisations.
• Comply with the Firm’s policies in the carrying out of duties and assist Partners and other fee earners in achieving a smooth output of work.
• Liaise with the HOD and other staff to ensure adequate cover within the department at all times, and to attend to clients of other fee earners in their absence, where this is appropriate.
Achieve agreed financial targets, both in respect of fee income and the recording of chargeable hours.
• Financial control of your own matters with particular regard to cash flow through collection of monies on account and billing procedures.
• 5+ years PQE
• Solicitor or Legal Executive
• STEP qualified or part qualified
Should you have any questions or wish to apply please do not hesitate to contact Clear Legal and Financial Recruitment.
Please Note: Due to the number of applications we receive we may be unable to respond to every application directly. If you have not heard from us within 3 working days, please assume your application has been unsuccessful