Night Care Assistant – Elderly Care Village – £27k – Central London
This is an opportunity to join an historic institution providing sheltered accommodation and full nursing care where necessary for the retired residents in this beautiful grand village / retirement home. They pride themselves on providing a happy environment, promoting wellbeing for both the residents and staff. The Care Assistant will provide the highest standard of personal care and assistance to the Pensioners, always promoting their dignity and individuality. and maintain a safe, and secure environment for Pensioners, staff, and visitors.
* Salary: £27,000 per year + excellent benefits package such as enhanced holidays, private healthcare, life insurance, staff discounts, free events, training and development, free onsite gym etc.
* Permanent, full-time, working 42.5 hours a week (including paid lunch breaks)
* 12-hour shifts, working 3 shifts one week, 4 shifts the next, and so on.
* Central SW London
* Must live and have the right to work in the UK (Unable to offer visa sponsorship)
* Genuine interest in working with, the elderly.
* Experience in a similar care role within a residential care home.
* Ability to communicate effectively at all levels & enjoy working in a team.
* Basic computer and email skills
* Knowledge of needs and rights of older people and an understanding of good care principles
* NVQ in Care, or willing to undertake the Care Certificate.
* To have a friendly, caring, empathetic and happy personality.
* Work under the supervision of a senior care assistant
* Ensure the highest possible levels of care are maintained by supporting/assisting Pensioners when required, with all aspects of daily living.
* Provide support and attention when needed, ensuring Pensioners retain their comfort, dignity and pride.
* Act as a support for nominated Pensioner sin line with the Infirmary policies and procedures.
* Play a key role in the serving of meals and helping frail Pensioners unable to feed themselves.
* Ensure that Pensioners stay hydrated and assist with this to those pensioners unable to do this themselves.
* Ensuring Pensioners with limited mobility or who have physical difficulties, are assisted using aids provided.
* Assist in the delivery of care for Pensioners who are dying or who have a progressive illness. Assist with last offices.
* Complete written daily records in the Pensioners care plan as instructed
* Assist in the framework of social activities by interacting with Pensioners and helping them continue with hobbies and activities in the Infirmary.
* Answer Nurse Call system promptly, giving assistance as required. Answer telephone appropriately. Respond accordingly and pass on messages promptly