Can you make a BIG difference to young people in care?
We are recruiting a Children & Young People's Practitioner (Nights) to co-work with other team members in our all-female residential unit for young people in care, aged 16-17 years old.
Children & Young People’s Practitioners, Residential (Nights)
Location: Working from our residential unit, Yvonne House in SW8 (Zone 2). Office based in SE11(Zone 1).
Hours: Full-time (36hrs pw), shift work
Salary: £26,400 to £29,000 pa + Benefits
You'll be responsible for building warm, caring and empowering relationships with young women; supporting their social and emotional development; engaging in evening sports and arts activities; and responding to incidents and accidents.
The position is exclusively night shift working, 8.30pm to 8.30am, with one other colleague, 3 nights per week, with occasional weekend working.
We are passionate about learning and development and committed to providing an outstanding experience for all Practitioners. We'll enrol you on a Diploma programme and give you the time, support, and incentives to succeed.
Do you have?
* Experience of working with young people.
* Key qualities that enable good engagement – e.g., warmth, kindness, humour.
* Strong values and a commitment to inclusion.
* An ability to understand, recognise and respond appropriately to risk.
* Ambition matched with a desire for professional development.
Salary & Benefits
We believe all staff should be paid well for work that delivers excellent services and changes the lives of young people in and leaving care.
As a result, we offer:
* Competitive Sector Salary (including options to flex working hours up or down) + Work Related Travel + Pension Contribution
* Generous Annual Leave – 37 Days pro-rata, including Bank Holidays.
* Wellbeing Budget (£25 per month for all staff to encourage self-care)
* Monthly wellbeing time
* Training and Support – online modules, group training and personal training budget
* Line Management and Therapeutic 1:1 Supervision, and Therapeutic Group Supervision monthly
* Employee Assistance Programme
* Cycle to Work Scheme
Apply by: 5pm Tuesday 14th March 2023
Interviews: from Monday 20th March 2023
Start date: From April
If you would like to find out more about this position and to apply, please click the apply button to be directed to our website.
Inclusion and Equality
We are committed to embedding inclusive practices, promoting equality and valuing diversity in all of our activities. We understand and acknowledge the positive benefits that this commitment will bring to the young people we support, our staff and our partner organisations.
No agencies please