Occupational Therapist – Sutton – Adults Team
The short term assessment and reablement team (START) have an exciting opportunity for a part time experienced Occupational Therapist. This is a 2 day post (14.4 hours) which can be worked flexibly. Moving and handling experience is essential. A car driver is preferred. Working from the office is also essential. START is a large team consisting of support workers, seniors support workers, an OT and assessment officers. We provide short term care for Sutton residents aged 18 and over, following discharge from hospital or anyone receiving a new care package. We assess their needs and arrange equipment, support and rehabilitation as appropriate, to enable them to become independent. We work closely with our Sutton Health and Care colleagues and care providers in Sutton in order to reach the best possible outcome for our service users.
Benefits in this role:
* Supportive team and management
* Flexible working available
* Long term contract
* Progression opportunities
Your main responsibilities include:
* Hold and effectively manage a complex and varied caseload with appropriate supervision, guidance, and support, reflecting the function of the team and the Vulnerable People Service in accordance with policy, procedures, guidance and legislation.
* Undertake work within legislative frameworks including the preparation of written statements and representations to the judiciary at Court hearings.
* You will be accountable for complex decision making in relation to caseloads ensuring professional judgement, service user involvement, needs led assessment, critical reflection, and analysis to inform this.
* You will identify and assess levels of risk and need (within statutory frameworks) in often complex situations. Undertake safeguarding investigations and deliver protective and/or supportive services for individuals at risk and maintain up to date assessments, care plans and reviews.
* You will be preparing statements of need/care and support plans, in consultation with other agencies as appropriate, that reflect the wishes of the individual and lead to the commissioning of personalised packages of care.
* You will undertake direct work with adults and their families in line with care plans.
* You will work co-operatively with both internal and external colleagues across multi – agency boundaries.
* Social Work England registration
* Eligible to work in the UK
* 2 years+ post-qualified experience
* Degree level or equivalent in Social Work
Benefits of working with Remedy
A personal one-one service from your highly experienced dedicated consultant.
Top tier supplier across London giving us first access to jobs.
Referral bonus – up to £250* per person placed.
Double payrolls each week.You will be required to fully register with Remedy for all locum positions