CUSTOMER SERVICE ADVISOR – HOUSING OPTIONS
£15.00phr LTD, 37.5 HOURS PER WEEK, 2 DAYS HOME WORKING
OFFICE BASED IN COLINDALE
We are looking to recruit a Customer Services Officer for the Contact Centre team within Housing Options.
The nature of the role means this is a front facing position and would be expected to handle incoming calls to our contact centre, providing comprehensive housing advice, calling customers to obtain further information about their circumstances and responding to email enquiries via our mailbox.
It is an exceptionally busy team – we average over 250 calls per day and around 80 emails a day currently. It is expected the successful candidate will be on duty every day handling calls and emails.
At all times, you would be expected to provide comprehensive housing advice on homelessness, prevention options, housing options, other more general housing advice and signposting to other agencies where we cannot assist.
Potential candidates should be:
* Excellent communicators who will give clear and concise advice to customers
* Good listeners who will be empathetic when helping customers facing challenging personal circumstances
* People with good attitude and are willing to learn
* Quick learners who will be motivated and think innovatively to find solutions for their customers' housing problems
* Able to work effectively in a team and independently
* Good IT skills
* Flexible and able to adapt quickly to the changing needs of our service
* Ability to operate effectively in a changing environment, to develop and acquire new skills and knowledge
* The ability to apply learning in the workplace to support continuous improvement of business systems for the benefit of customers
* Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to effectively engage with a diverse range of audiences, including managers, landlords, solicitors and vulnerable customers, in a courteous and professional manner and at times in stressful situations
* Ability to prioritise well within a challenging workload, particularly to ensure the most urgent matters are dealt with appropriately
* Ability to liaise effectively with other agencies and voluntary groups
* Ability to resolve difficult and confrontational situations
* Ability to capture and maintain highly accurate information ensuring it is completed in a timely manner within target timescales and to maintain accurate information on databases