POSITIVE OUTCOMES FOR CHILDREN AND YOUNG PEOPLE!
At ASF we currently have an opportunity available for a Registered Children's Home Manager based in the Croydon region for an established provider of children's residential services.
They offer specialised care for young people with complex and challenging needs on a 24 hour/7 day a week basis.
The Registered Manager is responsible for
* Showing an ambitious vision, having high expectations for what all children can achieve and ensure high standards of individualised care
* Having a clear understanding of the progress children and young people are making in respect of the plan for them and taking effective action when necessary
* Providing the right supportive environment for staff through effective supervision and appraisal and high-quality induction and training programmes that are tailored to the specific needs of the children and young people
* Knowing and understanding the home’s strengths and weaknesses, prevent shortfalls, identify weaknesses and take decisive and effective action
* knowing whether the home is achieving its stated aims and objectives
* The quality of professional relationships to ensure the best possible all-round support to children and young people in all areas of their development
* Actively challenging when the responses from other services are not effective
* Promoting tolerance, equality and diversity
* Promoting and utilising children’s views and participation
* Working to organisational KPI’s and Registered Manager KPI’s
* Working with the RI and actively contributing to the continuous improvement of childcare standards
* Their own continual professional development
* Level 3 diploma in Children and Young people's Workforce/Residential Childcare
* Level 5 diploma in Leadership and Management for Residential Childcare (England) qualification or equivalent or working towards
* Excellent Leadership skills leading successful teams through effective supervision
* Managing records and systems for statutory compliance
* Experience managing budgets and maintaining financial controls.
* Experience managing and supervising small teams
* Experience within a children's residential setting preferred
* Full UK driving licence
For more information please apply with your CV or contact on the details below for an informal discussion