Marks Consulting Partners are currently looking for a Business Unit Manager to work with one of our Local Authority clients in South London.
What the job will be doing
* To work in conjunction with the Director of the Environment Directorate, Head of Regulatory Services, other service Business Unit Managers and lead members, to ensure effective delivery and long term planning of key council and Division priorities.
* To deliver excellent services to residents in line with the council’s vision, values, resources, strategic and service priorities
* To be responsible for the strategic management / development and long term business planning of the business unit, division and department in line with council priorities, statutory and contractual obligations
* To create and lead effective partnerships with other key agencies including the Police, HMRC, London Fire Brigade, Border Force, Public Health the Clinical Commissioning Group and other internal services to deliver partnership responses to the issues of health inequalities, anti-social behaviour, crime, noise nuisance, poor environmental quality and matters that places client’s health, safety and welfare at serious risk.
What you will need
* In depth knowledge of all aspects of the commissioning cycle, grant commissioning, contract specification, letting, monitoring and the associated processes and procedures of procurement
* Experience in developing divisional business plans, projects and performance management frameworks, including effectively managing capital, revenue and grant budgets
* Understands the principles of financial management and probity to ensure compliance with the council’s standards on financial management and to maximise operational efficiency and effectiveness.
* Experience of managing, leading, developing, motivating and monitoring the performance of teams, contractors and commissioned services to successfully deliver performance against targets within a large organisation and partnership working
How to Apply
If you would like any further details about this position, please contact Ollie at Marks Consulting Partners.
If this job is not quite right for you but you are looking for something new, please contact us for a confidential discussion.
Marks Consulting Partners specialise in contract and permanent recruitment of technical property staff for the public sector including housing associations, local authorities, and related private sector companies. We do not advertise all of our vacancies so please give us a call and register with us to be notified of all suitable roles
Private Sector Supply and Projects Officer Newham Contract £17.75 per hour Our client is looking for an experienced Private Sector...View Job
MLC Partners are working with an NHS Trust in London who are looking to recruit an Employee Relations Manager for...View Job
The main purpose of a planning officer is to evaluate and process planning applications, but other tasks they may have...View Job
Machine Learning Expert We are looking for a Machine Learning Expert to support Advanced Digital Solutions for Public Services. This...View Job
Senior Service Designer | 3 month Contract | Public Sector My Client a digitial consultancy who is looking for an...View Job