Senior Mechanical Engineer
Location:London Contract Type: Permanent, Full-Time Hours: 08:30 – 17:00
My client is a Mechanical and Electrical engineering consultancy providing engineering services and design and asset management for the built environment. With over 50 years of experience, they are an established consultancy and are excited to be growing their team of MEP and Sustainability professionals.
Their Vision: They are committed to using their engineering knowledge, passion, and team culture to make a positive contribution and to be the leading global provider of eco-conscious engineering solutions for the human centric built environment.
They welcome applications from diverse backgrounds and have partnered with WISE (Women in Science and Engineering) as they look to continue their inclusion and diversity journey.
If you have intelligence, integrity, and energy then they want you to get in touch with us.
• Reporting into the Director, the Senior Mechanical Engineer will be working across a variety of sectors and will be required to undertake various Due-diligence, dilapidation, PPM and audit surveys of M&E installations within buildings and prepare written reports. The individual will also design, manage and supervise projects co-ordinating with other disciplines. Prepare specifications, reports, design drawings and budget costs to programme, as well as supervise project works on site, workmanship and testing.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Manage and participate in a programme of site inspections and Building Service audits including but not limited to condition surveys, dilapidations, due diligence, PPM and acquisition reports.
• Design, manage and supervise projects, establish client brief, technical; requirements, scope of works, cost plans and agree deliverables, i.e. report, specifications and drawings scope.
• Agree level of service, and project duties for each project, understand relationship with fee.
• Assist with monitoring engineering/CAD resource requirement for each project.
• Carry out engineering concept design, tender and contract on site supervision to completion, ensuring projects are undertaken in accordance with design briefs and that completion deadlines are achieved.
• Liaise with the design team to produce co-ordinated designs that are technically compliant, to a consistent quality and standard. Provide positive contribution to design/project meetings. Maintain regular in-house design reviews and checks.
• Monitor and control project progress, design variations and project financial budgets.
• Monitor contract staff or third-party appointments.
• Maintain excellent client and design team relationships to achieve high levels of satisfaction and repeat business.
• Pursue new business opportunities where appropriate with existing and new clients.
• Assist with identifying and implementing personal training and CPD requirements.
• Assist in developing working practices in the Company.
• Implement and manage QA systems and procedures on all projects.
• Implement company health and safety. Ensure all designs respond to the CDM regulations.
• Implement requirements for ISO9001 and ISO4001.
Qualifications and Skills
• Preferably at least 5 years’ experience and/or a degree in Building Services engineering.
• Have an in-depth knowledge of Building Services practices, procedures and standards, particularly principles of Electrical and Mechanical Design and Engineering Compliance.
• Proficient in the use of Office 365, Cymap, Heavacomp and although not essential, a knowledge of AutoCAD would be beneficial.
• A conscientious and focused outlook to your profession.
• The ability to think innovatively and efficiently in solving engineering and commercial problems.
• Highly motivated with a strong aptitude to learn and develop skills.
• You may be expected to act as Team Leader on multi discipline projects.
• A positive and friendly team approach.
• An enthusiastic and willing personality to handle client relationships and develop these further.
• Commercial awareness skills.
• Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to manage and prioritise own workload.
We would like applicants to resonate with our core values; Open and Honest, Committed, and working as One Team.
Salary: £40K-£55K dependent on experience.
• 28 days annual leave (plus bank holidays)
• Auto-Enrolment Pensions Scheme
• Healthcare with discounted gym membership included
• Life Insurance
• They recognise and appreciate the importance of our employees’ work life balance, and so offer flexible and hybrid working opportunities upon agreement
• Wellness Days
• Professional membership subscription
• Assistance with Professional registration
• Rewards and Recognition scheme
This is an urgent role please send your CV ASAP if you are interested in applying
Job Title: Electro Mechanical Assembler Start Date: Immediately Location: North London A world leading engineering company that designs and produces...View Job
Carrington West are excited to offer this fantastic vacancy for a Director focusing on transport planning with a consultancy in...View Job
TXM Recruit is working in partnership with an award-winning organisation who are working closely with Transport for London. An exciting...View Job
STATIC LEAD ELECTRICAL ENGINEER – SEVEN DIALS – £43,000 – £45,000 COMPANY My client have been successfully operating for over...View Job
Dawson Levy are looking for an experienced Electrical Design Engineer for a fantastic Building Services consultancy in the South East...View Job