JOB TITLE: Bookkeeper & Financial Accountant
* Do you have a background in accounting or bookkeeping and experience being involved in developing the financial controls, modelling and improvements within an organization?
* Do you have an analytical approach to problem solving?
* Are you never far away from building your next excel spreadsheet to examine a situation?
* Could this be your next career move?
Currently seeking a detail orientated Finance Analyst to join one of my clieants and work directly with their CFO to build and monitor business reports & forecasts as well as taking responsibility for our bookkeeping.
Financial Controlling and Reporting
* Prepare monthly /quarterly business reporting and KPI dashboards for management (including Balance Sheet, P&L, cash flow, creditors, debtors and other financial KPIs)
* Perform various revenue, cost and profitability analysis to identify areas for improvement
* Define, implement and monitor a set of financial KPIs to measure and drive key business performances and processes
* Support with yearly preparation of forecasts and budgets and run analysis of deviations to guarantee the business is run in accordance to plans
* Provide appropriate analysis and recommendations to influence decision making processes
* Drive improvements in the finance and administrative function. This includes the development and streamlining of processes, procedures, control systems and automation as we scale
* Responsible for overall financial controlling and to ensure that company financial systems are robust, compliant and can support current activities and future growth
Bookkeeping and Administration
* Manage & reconcile Accounts Payable, Receivable with double entry through SAGE 50 ledgers (working across 3 currencies)
* Prepare and submit quarterly VAT returns and Intrastat
* Prepare and issue invoices and refunds to customers
* Prepare various reports from SAGE
* Manage aged creditors and debtor in line with company policy
* Liaise with external accountants to assist with accurate and timely preparation of tax returns and R&D credit claims
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
* Audit experience of SMEs, with a strong understanding of internal controls
* Analytical approach to problem solving, able to gather and elaborate data in an accurate and complete manner, with high attention to detail especially using accounting software
* Proven experience in using Excel to create financial models (3-5 year business plans, P&L, BS, Cash Flow, forecasts and other financial models) and to analyse data (structuring excel files and logical frameworks, using combination of formulas, pivot tables, etc.)
* Knowledge of principles, methods and procedures used in modern accounting (e.g identification of cost centres, cost allocation criteria, etc.)
* Strong knowledge of UK tax and accounting laws, rules and regulations governing the keeping of accounts and their application to specific situations
* Comfortable speaking with clients and authorities such as Companies House and HMRC
* Significant bookkeeping experience (min. 3 years) and proficiency with SAGE 50
* AAT Level 3 Bookkeeping or Equivalent
* ACA Professional Level (preferred)
* Min. 3 year bookkeeping experience
* Proficiency with Sage 50
CFO position for a leading Leisure Comapny, based in London (Hybrid). The CFO will support the CEO and equity partners...View Job
Job Title: Payroll Officer Salary: up to £37,000 Location: London / HYBRID Are you an experienced Payroll Officer with extensive knowledge of excel?...View Job
French Payroll Specialist 3 Months Plus Temporary Position Immediate Start Remote Working Must be Fluent French Speaker My Client, an...View Job
Boston Hale are hiring for a well-known organisation that require an Interim Service Accountant to help them during a period...View Job
Job description PLEASE NOTE THIS POSITION IS A FULL TIME OFFICE BASED ROLE, PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU ARE ABLE...View Job