Location: London-Newington, Elephant and Castle, GB
Position: Bid Writer
Reporting to: Business Operations Manager – Proposals Lead
Location: Newington House, 237 Southwark Bridge Road, London SE1.
Business Unit and Department: Bid Management, UK Power Networks Services
Employment Period: Permanent
Salary Range: £38,000 per annum + benefits
Closing date: 06/02/2023
All applications will be reviewed after the closing date
We also provide the following additional benefits
* Annual leave 25 days
* Personal Pension Plan – Personal contribution rates of 4% or 5% (UK Power Networks will make a corresponding contribution of 8% or 10%)
* Tenancy Loan Deposit scheme,Tax efficient benefits: cycle to work scheme and season ticket loan
* Occupational Health support and Employee Assistance Programme.
* Switched On – scheme providing discount on hundreds of retailers products,supplier discounts, such as O2, EE, Vauxhall cars, Universal tyres and discounted access to sports and social clubs
UK Power Networks Services require an experienced Bid Writer for the development of bids and marketing content. The purpose of the role is to produce professionally written bid content that clearly articulates the UK Power Networks Services value proposition.
The Bid Writer will work under the instruction and supervision of a Bid Manager or the Marketing Manager and assist them in developing a proposal structure, reviewing and editing content, and working with other Bid Team or Marketing Team members to produce written responses, presentation collateral, or case studies in line with deadlines.
On some occasions the Bid Writer will also prepare presentations and all supporting documentation, ensuring a cohesive and consistent approach.
The successful candidate will ideally have a background in journalism or communications and have an excellent comprehension of the English language.
The role will be office based at our headquarters in Newington House, Elephant and Castle, you may be required to work late on occasions to ensure deadlines for submissions are met.
NATURE AND SCOPE:
The individual should be able to write effective, concise and compelling content while under the pressure sometimes associated with deadlines. The applicant will possess the ability to work as a team and to get accurate, information from all bid stakeholders to produce high quality bid content. Stakeholders will includes all levels across the business including senior managers.
The individual will be self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision. They must be a good communicator with excellent interpersonal skills and must represent UK Power Networks Services’ best company values with both internal and external stakeholders. They will also need to have good relationship skills and the ability to make a positive contribution to the successful delivery of targets.
* Assist the Bid Manager in developing a bid structure and proactively develop and manage a network of Subject Matter Experts
* Lead storyboard sessions with Bid Team members.
* Provide advice on flow, language and grammar to Subject Matter Experts and coach Subject Matter Experts in best practice writing.
* Identify and re-work existing pre-written content where relevant and re-write / edit responses from Subject Matter Experts.
* Deliver a completed written bid response to the Bid Manager, against the deadlines, escalating issues as required, prepare presentations that are cohesive and coherent to bids submitted.
* Manage and update content in a Bid Library ensuring it is up to date and accurate.
* Excellent communicator and ability to prioritise when dealing with multiple deadlines and deliverables.
* Strong written English language skills and a high attention to detail with an excellent editing and proofing ability.
* Excellent literacy skills, with an extensive vocabulary and a journalism or communications background.
* Deadline driven with effective time management skills and thrive in a busy environment with the ability to multitask and prioritise workload.
* Experience in bid management with demonstrable effective bid writing skills.
* Ability to build strong relationships with people at all levels in an organisation.
* Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to influence and negotiate at all levels both internally and externally.
SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
* Strong time management / prioritisation skills.
* Self-motivated and able to work with minimum supervision.
* Excellent communicator with strong written English language skills and wide vocabulary.
* Excellent attention to detail.
* Ability to coach Subject Matter Experts in persuasive writing.
* Strong team player.
* Degree educated (ideally English) with a journalistic / professional writing background.
* Certified to APMP Foundation or Practitioner Level.
* Advanced MS Word skill and proficient in MS Office.
* Proven skills in producing and editing bid content within a complex business environment.
* Experience in leading storyboard sessions, participating in key review meetings / final document review, content sign-off and document production.
Health & Safety Responsibilities
Managers and supervisors carry both legal and company responsibilities for ensuring the health and safety of their employees, those under their control and those who might be affected by the work undertaken, i.e. public, visitors and employees of other organisations. This includes briefing individuals working for them and ensuring there is the necessary understanding, competence and application of requirements to work safely and without harming the environment.
Employees will ensure they fully understand the health and safety risks involved in their work activities and their responsibility to apply the controls needed to manage those risks to acceptable levels. Similarly where work activities can have an adverse impact upon the environment, and particularly where there are legal requirements, employees will understand those impacts and the controls they must ensure are applied.
Employees need to be aware that for some craft and operational roles that work at height, or use fall arrest devices, there is an upper weight limit of 116Kg due to maximum safe working load of the safety equipment that is used.
If in doubt ask!
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace
Our client based in London requires an experienced Sales Representative to join their team Responsibilities: Management of the assigned sales...View Job
Sales Manager – Power required. My client is looking for a Sales manager with proven experience in the Power sector...View Job
My client is currently recruiting for Senior Investment Brokers to join their direct team based in Liverpool Street, London. Role...View Job
Sales mentality individuals required for a number of Recruiter positions Optimus Search. We have won multiple awards including Recruiter Hot...View Job
Flexible work from home options! A great time to show off your events experience by joining a rapidly expanding business...View Job