Role: Science Technician
Location: Tower Hamlets
Salary: £75 to £95 per day
Start Date: Immediate Start
GSL Education are currently looking for an experienced Science Technicians for one of our client secondary schools in Tower Hamlets. The school is looking for someone who will be responsible to ensure that teachers in all Science Departments (Biology, Chemistry, and Physics) have the necessary equipment, resources, and apparatus to teach the practical aspects of their subjects.
About Science Technician Job role:
· Prepare materials, resources, and equipment as needed by teachers, and anticipate future needs by being aware of the schemes of work taught in the department.
· To assist with practical work in the classroom as needed or to be present when practical work is being done to provide support as needed.
· Maintaining, repairing and taking inventory of apparatus
· Assist with keeping the prep rooms and teaching areas clean, safe, and free of clutter and hazards.
· Ordering of stock and new equipment
The successful candidate will have:
· Recent/Previous experience of working as a Science Technician
· Hold a relevant undergraduate degree
· Be able to support the teaching staff & other technicians in the Science department
· Have the ability to prepare materials before lessons, issuing the right equipment to the right lab sessions
· Be able to provide technician support for Biology, Chemistry and Physics
Please be advised that this role requires a strong knowledge and understanding of safeguarding and child protection and that successful applicants must satisfy all background safer recruitment checks.
GSL Education is an ethical, independent recruitment agency which aims to provide quality teaching and support staff in schools throughout Greater London. All of our current adverts apply to real vacancies.
For more information or to be considered for this role, please click ‘apply’ and submit a full (10 year), up-to-date CV and one of our dedicated consultants will be in touch
KS1 Teacher to start in January 2023 in Islington Academics are recruiting for a KS1 teacher to start in January...View Job
Cover Supervisor – Uxbridge – ASAP Start – £80-£120 Per Day – Temp – SEN School Cover Supervisor required to...View Job
Teaching Assistant Location: Brixton Position: Teaching Assistant Start date: December Pay: £1600 – £1900 per monthWe have an amazing opportunity...View Job
Part Time Nursery Teacher/2 days per week/Borough of Enfield Are you a Nursery Teacher looking to take on a part...View Job
Psychology graduate Mental health Assistant – South west London Are you an aspiring Education Psychologist, Clinical Psychologist, or Occupational Therapist...View Job