Alexander Steele is delighted to be working exclusively in partnership with one of the fastest growing and innovative food manufacturing businesses in the UK. Due to rapid growth the business has an exciting opportunity for a Production Manager to join their site in London.
This is a fast moving; high volume site and you will have responsibility managing a large team through Shift Managers.
This is a challenging role where the successful candidate has the opportunity to make a genuine difference to the site and the performance of the business. You will need to be proactive with a strong bias for action, commercially astute, able to prioritise and communicate clearly.
* Salary of circa £55,000
* Monday – Friday days based
* 25 days holiday + Bank Holidays
* Life Assurance
* To manage the production operations in a manner that supports efficient running in order to meet agreed budgeted levels of expenditure on materials and labour.
* A policy of continuous improvement is required that constantly challenges cost and seeks to find ways to minimise cost without compromising quality or safety
* Control usage of raw materials and packaging by ensuring machinery is working satisfactorily and process information is in place for all materials used and available to all members of staff, avoiding unnecessary waste.
* To ensure Hygiene and Food Safety Standards and requirements are in place and monitored accordingly e.g. through Food safety and Hygiene Audits.
* Experience in a high speed / volume food manufacturing facility is essential
* Good knowledge of Health & Safety requirements
* You will be able to demonstrate strong leadership skills and coaching skills
* Driving continuous improvement and able to create an environment where team members consistently push for improved team performance and productivity is essential.
* Will ideally have exposure to lean manufacturing tools and techniques
Long term there will be an opportunity to further your career within the site & the wider group, with a business that has continued to grow.
So, if this role is of interest, then please forward your CV by applying through this advert, if you want to discuss the opportunity in more detail then please call Richard Steele at Alexander Steele
Hospital Site Manager Up to £38,000 per annum London (Chelsea – SW3 6JJ) Internally known as: Site Manager Are you...View Job
Trainee Project Coordinator – No Experience Required Are you looking to kick-start a new career in Project Management? We are...View Job
Our values: Respectful – Caring – Welcoming – Continuously improving We have an opportunity for a Deputy Manager Part-Time to join...View Job
Project Manager Our client is one of the leading Mechanical and Electrical Maintenance Services providers in the UK and are...View Job
Job Title: Contracts Manager Our Client Are a specialist in the supply, installation and maintenance of fire safety and security...View Job