London (hybrid home based with work in the central London Office)
With over 112,000 members in 140 countries, the Institution of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE) has been improving the world through engineering since 1847.
We develop and support our members to do their best for a sustainable world, while maximising the impact of their achievements which benefit society.
If you are looking for an opportunity to represent the Institution, supporting professionals in their quest to develop, then this role could be of interest to you.
We are currently looking for an Events Executive to join us on a permanent, full-time basis.
As an Events Executive, you will oversee the end-to-end management and delivery of our portfolio of face-to-face, virtual and hybrid events.
Overseeing pre-event logistics and operations, you will negotiate with suppliers and venues, process volunteer or and speaker expenses, as well as coordinating event collateral.
Providing excellent administrative support across the events lifecycle, you will submit invoices for payment, compile joining instructions and email templates for events, arrange staff accommodation and monitor and report on customer feedback.
Additionally, you will:
– Ensure regular expenditure reconciliation with the Finance Department
– Liaise closely with sponsors and fulfil deliverables and contractual obligations
– Manage calls and deadlines for peer reviewed papers
To be considered as an Events Executive, you will need:
– Experience of events operations processes
– Proven experience of building strong professional relationships
– Experience of providing an exceptional customer experience
– The ability to find suitable alternatives when time/budget constraints may arise
– The ability to get the most out of budgets to achieve targets and maximise value
– The ability to get the best rates from suppliers
– The ability to work on own initiative or as part of a team, with strong problem-solving skills
– Excellent project management skills and the ability to manage conflicting deadlines
Ideally, you will be familiar with the legal and legislative requirements of operating events, as well as experience of working with a volunteer workforce or in a membership organisation.
The ability to sell original ideas to managers and stakeholders would be highly beneficial. It would be equally advantageous to hold a degree (or equivalent).
– Salary of circa £28,000 depending on experience
– A minimum of 26 days’ holiday plus Bank Holidays
– An extra day off for your birthday
– Continuous training and career development
– Benefits including a stakeholder pension scheme, life assurance and private health cover
– Flexible working
– Annual learning at work day
– Free membership of the Institution and Professional Membership subscription for employees
This is a fantastic opportunity for a highly organised events professional with experience of providing a fantastic customer experience to join our organisation.
If you thrive in an environment where no two days are the same, you will discover the opportunity to showcase your creative flair and provide innovative solutions.
So, if you are looking to join an internationally recognised institution that will reward your hard work with an exceptional benefits package, this is the perfect role for you.
We are Investor in People accredited Gold, which reflects our organisation’s commitment to our people. We believe that our employees are integral to what makes our organisation great, which is why we reward their efforts and achievements and are committed to making their working life a fulfilling and enjoyable one.
Please note, the closing date for applications is 23rd October 2022.
Other organisations may call this role Events Organiser, Events Co-ordinator, Events Officer, Events Planner, Conference co-ordinator, or Event Manager.
Webrecruit and the Institution of Mechanical Engineers are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re looking to progress into an exciting role as an Events Executive, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency
Senior Conference Producer /Product Manager Salary: £35k to £45k + Profit Share + Company Benefits Fully Remote Working Scope for...View Job
Senior Conference Producer – Fully remote option Salary: £35k to £45k + Excellent Profit Share + Company Benefits Fantastic opportunity...View Job
About my client My client are an award-winning creative marketing agency looking for a Senior Account Manager to join their...View Job
We are looking for a Strategic Copywriter to work across integrated comms (but mainly Digital) for a Creative agency in...View Job
Portfolio Development Manager – Life Sciences – Conferences £45,000 – £55,000 + £15k-£20k Bonus + Benefits Industry-leading b2b conference/events business...View Job