Shop Manager | Sloane Street, London SW1X 9BX | Temporary (October – December)| Full and Part-time hours available|£13.50 per hour FTE £26,325
Our client is the UK’s largest multi-charity retailer, selling cards and gifts on behalf of over 200 UK charities including national organisations such as Cancer Research UK, RNLI, Alzheimer’s Society, along with local charities such as Hospices, Air Ambulances and Wildlife Trusts. In the last 10 years alone, they have raised over £40 million for UK charities.
Each year the company facilitate the opening of a national chain of pop-up shops to operate in the festive season. This role supports that network of shops to maximise income.
Are you the right person for the job?
* Experience across customer-facing environments
* Experience of working under own initiative within an established commercial framework
* Organisational skills
* Time management skills
* Able to demonstrate an understanding of the retail sector, ideally within a charity context
* Can lead a team of people with passion and enthusiasm offering support to the team as needed
* Commercial awareness and ability to make decisions to drive revenue
* Organising in-shop events and other sales promotions.
* Ability to communicate with a variety of people at different levels
* Understands excellent customer service and can act as an ambassador for Cards for Good Causes in their local community
* Responds with agility to changing consumer and partner needs to maximise all opportunities
* Builds collaborative relationships with internal and external stakeholders built on trust and mutual respect
* Demonstrates a passion for CFGC’s vision, mission and values
What will your role as a Shop Manager look like?
* Responsible for managing all aspects of the shop.
* To actively recruit, line manage and support shop volunteers to maximise sales and revenue for participating charities
* Communicating and working effectively with other shop managers to ensure day to day operations are met
* Meet sales targets, increasing sales and profit for the shop
* To manage the set-up processes of the shop including the processing of deliveries and reporting of discrepancies
* To discuss layout of a shop with the Regional Manager and ensure all merchandising equipment is assembled in line with agreed plans
* To manage stock levels, replenishing accordingly and liaising with Regional Manager to request top ups of stock
* Set up the EPOS system and train volunteers accordingly
* Responsible for cash handling, reconciling EPOS and all banking procedures
* Identify volunteer recruitment needs action recruitment campaigns in discussion with Regional Manager
* The shop manager will be required to cover shifts in the absence of volunteers
* Support the marketing team with activities to raise the profile of the shop and organisation in the local community
* Take responsibility for rotas to ensure the shop is always operational within its agreed opening hours
* To offer exceptional customer service to protect the brand and reputation of cards for good causes
* To support any other tasks that support the day to day running of the shop and team
What’s next? It’s easy! Click “APPLY” now! We can’t wait to hear from you!
Home Based Charity Telephone Sales Fundraiser * Part Time Home Based * Remote working from set up Home Office *...View Job
This is a great opportunity for someone who is experienced within the full examinations cycle to join a friendly, Membership...View Job
Caritas Futures is looking for an experienced Specialist Support Worker to work with a well-known national Charity as part of...View Job
Caritas Futures work with Domestic Abuse Charities across the region and have a number of vacancies for experience professionals at...View Job
A Digital Transformation Consultancy are on the lookout for a contract Product Manager to join their exciting growing and collaborative...View Job