UKVI Executive Officer Decision Maker (EODM) Job Description
UK Visas and Citizenship (UK VCS) is responsible for making millions of decisions every year about who has the right to visit or stay in the country, with a firm emphasis on national security and a culture of customer satisfaction for people who come here legally.
The Croydon Decision Making Centre based within UKVI International is one of the largest decision-making centres in the world. We are responsible for running the UK`s visa service and manage around 3 million applications a year from overseas nationals who wish to come to the UK to visit.
Brook Street is presently recruiting for Executive Officer Decision Makers (EODMs). EODMs play an important role in ensuring that the immigration regulations are correctly and fairly applied to all overseas applications.
EODMs are expected to analyse information to make decisions which can sometimes be complex to ensure that a modern, efficient, and courteous service is delivered within agreed standards.
These roles lead on frontline operations and play a critical role in supporting the UK`s international visa and risk management regime. It is essential that EODMs are able to work to very tight deadlines, while still producing high quality work. Staff will also need to be able to communicate, both in writing and orally, in a clear and concise manner and must be able to make sound decisions with minimal supervision.
– Using complex guidance and policy to consider and make well-judged decisions on customer applications, considering a range of options
– Having responsibility for effective personal and team delivery
– Delivering against timeliness and quality targets, providing excellent customer service
– Developing and maintaining good working relationships with customers and both internal/external stakeholders to deliver what is required
– Managing team inboxes and drafting responses to correspondence and complaints
– Articulating complex decisions in a concise, clear manner verbally and in writing
– Effective management of a complex caseload
– Supporting colleagues to deliver performance of a high standard
– Being flexible and receptive to implementing change
If posted to a management role (for example a Team Leader position) you may also be required to :
– Lead teams to provide the best possible service to our customers and stakeholders
– Supporting staff in the development of their knowledge and skills
– Manage individuals in line with Home Office policies linked to Attendance, Conduct and Performance
– Manage the workflow of an operational team
o Use of Microsoft Packages, including Word, Excel, and Outlook
o Can work independently and as part of the team
o Strong written and oral communication skills
o Ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines
o Experience of casework or working in a casework environment
o Experience of inbox management and dealing with customer correspondence
o Experience of line management
Successful candidates will be based in the office Croydon. The pay rate is £14.84 per hour. The hours are Monday to Friday 9:00 to 17:00 (5 days / 37 hours per week). Please note that these hours are non-negotiable. The role is temporary – ongoing, with a 3 month probationary period. Your job offer would be subject to a successful SC clearance. Hence you must have a valid passport, 2 proof of address and proof of NI. You ideally should have been living in the UK within the last 5 years.
To note, for this role candidates will be expected to attend an 8-10 day EODM course followed by a 3-5 week period of mentoring with informal knowledge checks and ability assessed throughout. The course and mentoring will be held in Croydon
Integrated Solutions are currently recruiting for Bus Drivers to work in the West London area. Our client is one of...View Job
Senior Procurement Officer N22 8ZW Service Area Environment & Neighbourhoods/Strategic Procurement Reports to Strategic Procurement Partner Grade PO7/8 Job Family...View Job
Procurement Officer Service Area Environment & Neighbourhoods/Strategic Procurement Reports to Strategic Procurement Partner Grade P04 to P06 1. Ensure a...View Job
Administrative Officer £10.85 per hour PAYE / £13.51 per hour Umbrella PAYE The Administrative Officer is responsible for processing either...View Job
Job Description: Job Title: Carpenter multi Location of work: Romford Sector: Social housing Salary: £18.57 per hour £612 take home...View Job