UK Home based | Visa sponsorship available for the right applicant
Grade: £37,694 (National Framework) or £42,712 (London Framework – if you are London office based or homebased and live within the boundary of the M25)
Contracted Hours: Full time 37 hours per week
Within CQC we are implementing a new strategy and transforming how we work so that we can keep pace with the changing health and care landscape and ensure people receive safe, effective care. Becoming an insight-driven organisation is a critical component of our new operating model.
The ambition of the Data and Insight Directorate is to create and mature a service-focused data and insight function. Aiming to modernise the technology we use to manage and analyse data; formalise the governance, processes and ways of working around data; drive new data culture, behaviours and skills to enable us to maximise the use of data and insight in our regulatory activity.
Are you committed to helping us regulate health and social care within England?
When thinking about what drives you every day in your job, what keeps you motivated and passionate about your work? For 3000+ people at the CQC we end each day knowing that we have made a difference to the lives of those most in need in our communities. We make sure health and social care services provide people with safe, effective, compassionate, high-quality care and encourage care services to improve. We are looking for people who are caring, demonstrate integrity and work well as part of a team to join with us and share in this sense of achievement. If you would like to help us make a positive impact to health and social care within England then read on.
Why this could be a great role for you….
In this role you will work under the guidance of the Data Architect to ensure that information assets are modelled and represented in the Enterprise Data Model to support products, systems and services.
What we can offer you…
Your health and wellbeing are important to us and are supported through generous annual leave (starting at 27 days and rising with service to 32.5 days, plus 8 Bank Holidays), a cycle to work scheme, discounted gym vouchers and access to a free employee assistance service 24 hours a day. We also understand the importance of financial health and offer membership of the NHS pension scheme, contributing about 14% of basic salary. You will also be able to access discounts to supermarkets, high street stores, electronics, fleet cars, plus we also have an internal reward scheme which could see you earn yourself a voucher or two! All of our Homeworkers are also kitted out with everything they need to comfortably work from home.
We want to support you to succeed and be your very best, with opportunities for training and development along with the support of experienced managers and mentors.
We want to make working for CQC a great experience for everyone, and to role model a diverse and representative culture. To support an inclusive environment where colleagues feel empowered to bring their whole self to work, we support a variety of staff networks, including the Race Equality Network, LGBT+ Equality Network, Carers Equality Network, Disability Equality Network and Gender Equality network.
What you will bring…
You will be part of the design, building and maintenance of the Enterprise Data Model while being able to explore the use of techniques in data modelling and high-level concepts. You will get the opportunity to see how those concepts relate together across the organisation's information systems.
• Design, build and maintain the Enterprise Data Model, as part of the information management strategy, and the principles guiding its design and evolution.
• Oversee the creation of complex models of data that enable the implementation of the architecture to the business vision and strategic needs.
• Use techniques in data modelling to explore the high-level concepts and how those concepts relate together across the organisation's information systems, to support CQC products, systems and services.
• Define data governance practices and policies for the management and use of data models, associated meta model, common business vocabulary, ontologies and taxonomies.
• Identify data anomalies and other inconsistencies with the architecture and work with business/data owners to resolve them.
• Help to maintain a centrally agreed set of data definitions and terms of reference around data and reporting. E.g., a data dictionary that details the information required to meet system requirement features or to implement business process change.
• Provide expert advice to business teams on data standards, engaging with colleagues early in the design phases of products and services.
• Work with the business and technical teams to fully understand the business requirements and be able to translate them into data structures and account for changing business needs.
• Translate business requirements into logical, conceptual and physical data models.
Essential Skills and Experience:
• Educated to degree level or have equivalent professional experience.
• Expertise in data modelling including conceptual, logical and physical with a good understanding of where to use, and how to compare between different types of data models.
• Expertise in industry recognised data modelling patterns and standards. Understands the concepts and principles of data modelling and produces relevant data models with Standardised concepts and definitions across applications.
• Experience in modelling tools such as Erwin and ER/Studio.
• Ability to reverse engineer a data model from an established system.
• Good understanding of how data models should be categorised within the organisation.
• Experience in data-warehousing, dimensional modelling and de-normalisation.
• Expertise in building dimensional/reporting structures.
• Experience in transactional/relational databases, and normalisation.
• Experience of modelling with structured data and designing with unstructured data.
• Experience in contributing to enterprise data governance framework to document the processes clearly.
• Experience with data architecture and design patterns.
• Experience managing a data model repository.
• Experience with coordinating data modelling activities with metadata management.
• Knowledge of data profiling tools and techniques.
• Experience with data management and governance principles.
• Ability to quickly learn and adapt modelling methods from case studies or other proven approaches, and to quickly learn and adopt new technologies and disciplines.
• Must be able to provide design options, alternatives and recommendations based on experience and best practices for data modelling.
• Understanding of multi-skilled, multi-disciplinary Agile delivery teams.
• Strong decision-making skills and capability to make sound judgement with limited supervision.
• Experience in reconciling conflicting views and articulating coherent rationales for action.
• Ability to identify problems and lead the delivery of solutions and preventative measures, escalating where appropriate.
• Proven ability to understand stakeholder needs, manage their expectations and influence at all levels on the use of data and insight.
• Proven ability to tailor the communication of insight in the most appropriate and compelling way for the audience, including through storytelling and visualisation.
Knowledge and understanding of the health and care sectors.
To apply for this role, please send your CV to our recruitment partner, Datatech Analytics.
CQC is committed to promoting a fair and inclusive workplace where all our people can flourish and reach their full potential. We know diverse teams allow for a more creative and productive environment and therefore encourage applications from everyone regardless of age, gender/sex, gender identity or expression, religion or belief, disability, ethnicity or sexual orientation.
For this role, we are particularly encouraging people from Black and Minority Ethnic communities to apply, who are currently under-represented at this level in the organisation
Integrated Solutions are currently recruiting for Bus Drivers to work in the West London area. Our client is one of...View Job
Senior Procurement Officer N22 8ZW Service Area Environment & Neighbourhoods/Strategic Procurement Reports to Strategic Procurement Partner Grade PO7/8 Job Family...View Job
Procurement Officer Service Area Environment & Neighbourhoods/Strategic Procurement Reports to Strategic Procurement Partner Grade P04 to P06 1. Ensure a...View Job
Administrative Officer £10.85 per hour PAYE / £13.51 per hour Umbrella PAYE The Administrative Officer is responsible for processing either...View Job
Job Description: Job Title: Carpenter multi Location of work: Romford Sector: Social housing Salary: £18.57 per hour £612 take home...View Job