Campus Support Assistant – Entry Level
Location: Kingston University, Kingston upon Thames KT1 2EE
Salary: £21,417.00 per annum pro rata
Contract: 6 months Fixed Term Contract
Hours: Monday – Friday, 37 Hours Per Week
We are Kingston University Services and we have an excellent training opportunity for someone who is keen to develop their knowledge and skills resulting in progression to Campus Support Assistant with a fantastic company!
Campus Support Assistant – The Role
You will initially work alongside the Campus Support Assistants as part of an extended training programme. Full training across sites and competencies will be provided over a two-year period.
This is a front of house role which includes a substantial amount of contact with students and staff and other users of the University.
You will be responsible for undertaking works of minor maintenance e.g., fixing and taking down items to walls, light changing, setting radiator valves, taking down blinds, dismantling and assembling furniture, adjusting clocks, unblocking pipes etc.
You will provide an efficient and courteous move (logistics) service to our client Kingston University, ranging from relocating single rooms to complete libraries. Working alongside contractors or with others as necessary to meet business requirements and deadlines. Including assembling and disassembling of furniture as required. Ensuring all items to be moved, whether offices or equipment, are handled in an effective manner.
• You will support the Goods Inwards department and become trained in general operation and procedures. From time to time, you will be required to support and cover for goods inwards. Including receipt and delivery of items delivered to and from Goods Inwards.
• You will become trained in the courier round to support and cover for the courier service as required.
You will undertake minor maintenance works as might reasonably be requested. You will not be expected to work outside any area you have not been trained for. Full training and appropriate tools will be provided. You will from time to time undertake minor maintenance duties within the Campus Support team or minor maintenance duties for other departments such as residences or the maintenance team itself.
• Set and reset classrooms and lecture theatres in a timely manner in preparation for specified use
• Ensure our classrooms, common spaces and public areas are set up and presented in good order and promptly report defects
• Assist the cleaners in cleaning and tidying and daily disposal of rubbish (and waste (compacted, where applicable).
• Assist in replenishing consumables in public and other appropriate areas, as required
• Move items around the campus such as boxes, packages, small furniture
• Assist with unloading of items into Goods Inwards and/or the campus post rooms and portering across and between site
• Help keep the outside spaces clean and tidy including litter picking, jet-washing, sweeping of paths, car parks, roadways, and hard standing areas
• Be responsible during cold weather for gritting and clearing paths and walkways
• Operate the pallet truck
• Keep local stores and storage areas clean, tidy, and secure
• Undertake carpet, flooring, and deep cleaning duties
• Security services. When requested provide an opening up and or locking down service supporting the Security team as requested taking responsibility for keys issued.
• To undertake driving duties in Company vehicles
• To check tyres, water, oil and cleanliness of KUSCO vehicles as per the Driving Policy
• To carry out cross site works using company vehicles as directed by the Campus Services Supervisor
• To be a campus Fire Marshal and participate in the emergency team procedures, as instructed.
• To undertake manual handling training and all other mandatory training as directed
• To effectively use a two-way radio for team communication purposes and for relaying information
• To wear appropriate uniform or other workwear provided and maintain it in a good condition
• Adopt and use new technologies as introduces including the use of PAD’s for electronically logging, distributing and notification of completion of tasks
• To undertake relevant training required for the post
Campus Support Assistant – What we need from you:
It is important that the Campus Support Assistant conducts themselves in a professional manner at all times as they carry out their daily tasks.
You will work with minimum supervision and will be required to use your own judgement; it is essential that the successful candidate is a confident Team Player.
In addition to this you will
• Be fully flexible when it comes to working across a wide range of departments
• Be confident working on your own initiative as well as being an excellent Team Player
• Display strong Customer Service skills
• Hold a full driving licence
• Display good interpersonal skills with all colleagues, clients and students
Please Note: This is a physically challenging role
If you are looking to take the next step in your career and feel that you would be the right candidate for this excellent opportunity, apply now!
No agencies please
Do you have experience in property management seeking a new and highly responsible role within an extremely friendly family run...View Job
Job Title – Maintenance Assistant Manager for Private Health Clinic Part Time Required – At least one year's experience within...View Job
Established in 1988, my client is a successful, family-run, fast-growing Commercial Cleaning company based in London. They hold on to...View Job
Property Manager – Bromley – Up to 40k depending on experience My client is a well-established, fully independent block management...View Job
Property Manager / Residential Block Manager / Senior Property Manager – London – £30-60k We’re currently working with a reputable...View Job