Our local authority client is looking for an experienced Income Recovery Officer. Please see full details below:
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTION
To assist the Team Leader and Income Recovery Manager in providing an effective Rent Arrears service.
To collect all income due in line with targets, providing benefits advice, agreeing / negotiating appropriate repayment plans and undertaking legal action relating to Rent Arrears as necessary, including issue of NOSPS, preparation of Court papers, variation orders, eviction reports, execution of warrants and attending evictions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. To provide a comprehensive Rent Arrears service on a patch basis in accordance with Islington’s Policy. This will at times include work outside the management patch.
2. To work as a team covering duties during absences, as directed by the Team Leader or Income Recovery Manager, answering phones for absent colleagues and receiving callers not associated with the individual patch allocated.
3. To demonstrate a commitment towards customer care and contribute towards the provision of a high quality service, ensuring the best possible performance and the attainment of high standards.
4. To be responsible for visiting and interviewing tenants and their representatives. To provide a prompt, courteous and helpful response when dealing with queries from, or initiating contact with, service users, their representatives or outside agencies.
5. To implement action plans and a problem solving approach to tackling specific issues. This will include partnership working where appropriate with internal and outside agencies, in line with agreed protocols.
PERSON SPECIFICATION/SELECTION CRITERIA
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Experience of working in a Social Housing environment and involvement within income recovery.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITY
Experience of working in, and delivering services to, a multi-cultural community.
Ability to deal with correspondence from a wide group of people and agencies.
Ability to conduct effective interviews with service users.
To have an understanding of housing benefits sufficient to provide general advice to service users.
Excellent verbal and communication skills and be numerate applicable to the requirements of the post.
Please apply below
Integrated Solutions are currently recruiting for Bus Drivers to work in the West London area. Our client is one of...View Job
Job Title: Programme Manager Location: West London Salary: £DOE + Package Key Skills: Programme Manager, Production, Development, Schedules, Budget, Reporting,...View Job
Working with a Housing Association actively seeking an experienced Home Ownership Officer for a Full-Time temp role based in East...View Job
We are looking for IT User Trainers to support the Delivery Manager and Operational Delivery team in rolling out training...View Job
Salary Details: Permanent Position Require a Permanent CAD/CAM Programmer with a high level of attention to detail who has experience...View Job