We are looking for a Housing Solicitor to fulfil a permanent position paying up to £50k per annum.
* To provide advice and undertake casework, including contentious matters, relating to all aspects of housing law and management across all tenures, disputes and general litigation matters.
* Prepare new policies, procedures and precedents in respect of housing
management and amend existing policies and procedures where required.
* To support the team and undertake duties as required, assist and advise the
business on providing an effective service that meets customer needs and
business objectives including the supervision of fee earners within the legal team
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
* To work as a solicitor providing legal advice and assistance to staff on all aspects of housing, regulatory, environmental health, planning, debt recovery and to assist as necessary on non-contentious matters across all tenures, including the review and amending of tenancy agreements and contracts and to carry out legal transactions on behalf of the company as required.
* To represent the company in Courts, Tribunals and in response to other contentious enquiries as required, at hearings, at meetings and in correspondence with legal advisers and others.
* To assist Senior Solicitors or other department heads in ensuring policies and procedure are implemented effectively
* Update and maintain the Legal Department Database and produce reports as required, attending Committees/Board and other meetings as required as legal adviser, including evening meetings.
* Provide effective training for staff on all aspects of housing law and procedures as necessary.
* Assist in the production and review of housing management policies and procedures including consulting with Housing managers and stakeholders
* To act as an ambassador for the company speaking at events as necessary
* To oversee and supervise the work of other fee earners as appropriate.
* Lead research and provide updates to the company on any relevant legislative changes or new case law affecting any areas of housing and property management
? Admission as a Solicitor of England & Wales
Knowledge and Skills Required
? Professional understanding of housing management regulatory, environmental health, planning, debt recovery law.
? Understanding of the responsibility of other agencies (e.g. Environmental Health Officers, Social Services, Police) in respect of the parties to a dispute.
? Excellent interpersonal skills, and the ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing with colleagues, tenants, court personnel, external agencies and tenants' organisations
? Able to contribute to the development and review of Policy and Procedure regarding housing management matters.
? Ability to carry out advocacy work in the County Court.
? Ability to exercise good judgement on when to settle and when to proceed on individual cases, providing advice as to merit and quantum at any stage of a legal matter.
? Ability to meet deadlines and plan and deliver a range of different activities.
? Ability to write and present reports to Officers and Committees.
? Ability to validate information and demonstrate attention to detail.
? Excellent administrative skills to deal with a diverse workload and ability to organise and prioritise his/her own workload.
? Excellent IT skills across all core programmes and applications, including legal case management systems, including MS Office 365 applications and ability to be self servicing.
? Excellent customer focus and a genuine desire to achieve excellence in all areas of responsibility
? Post qualification experience in contentious housing legal work.
? Experience of dealing with cases relating to housing matters (including but not limited to possession proceedings, tenancy fraud, disrepair, nuisance and harassment) in a housing management environment including preparation of and progressing contentious and non-contentious legal action.
? Available to work evening meetings and weekends when required
? Able to travel as and when required
Consultant Solicitor and Lawyer Opportunities Enjoy a career without limits, earning up to 75% of your billing. Taylor Rose MW...View Job
Credit Controller Central London | Hybrid £28,000 – £30,000 Douglas Scott are proud to be working with...View Job
Our client is a highly successful, London based top tier firm, and is currently looking to recruit a Patent Administrator...View Job
Residential Conveyancer Location: Remote Working Start Date: Immediate We are a full service law firm seeking an experienced and energetic...View Job
A top UK Law firm is looking to hire a new Practice Assistant on a permanent basis, to support the...View Job