Role: Restart – Employment Advisor
Location: East London (Camberwell)
Salary: £24,000 to £27,000.
Role overview of an Employment Advisor:
Trigon Recruitment are recruiting for a reputable national training provider for an Employment Adviser. This role will carry a caseload of customers who are unemployed and referred by Job Centre Plus. An Employment Adviser will use a variety of techniques including effective diagnosis/initial assessment to identify barriers to employment, individual and group coaching, developing paper based marketing tools such as CV’s, supporting and improving interview techniques, speculatively approaching employers with and on behalf of the customer to source vacancies and maximising on any Participant funding available to achieve sustainable employment.
An Employment Adviser will work towards targets relating to job starts and sustained employment,
* Assess the needs and barriers of participants through SMART action plans and needs assessment.
* Support participants in training and employment.
* Work within Jobcentres and local authorities and a range of community associations.
* Track and record customer outcomes and activities on the CRM system.
* Assist customers to become job-ready by coaching and providing employer-led advice and guidance.
* Work to targets and deadlines as set out by contract profiles.
Work alongside the Recruitment Managers to support work-ready participants into employment.
Provide ongoing support to participants post recruitment (in work support).
Signpost participants to a range of organisations to assist with Health, drug and alcohol, housing, and finance advice.
Deliver a high-quality service in line with Trigon Recruitment Client UK’s delivery model.
Ensure compliance and accuracy with all aspects of service delivery.
Key Skills Required:
Will have previous welfare to work experience working on DWP/ESF Funded contracts or having demonstrable set of transferable skills to work in a target
Driven environment with focus on Quality and Compliance.
Must have proven track record within the employability sector and a minimum of 2 years’ experience.
Must have strong communication, conflict management, and negotiation skills
Must be resourceful and innovative with a positive outlook
Must be target driven and confident to work in a target driven environment
Must be a team player and supportive of colleagues
Must be empathetic to vulnerable and at-risk adults and have a strong desire to help
Must be willing to travel for work in and around greater London
Have experience dealing with challenging priority groups.
Have an employment-focused approach to their work.
Have worked on voluntary and outreach contracts and can quantify this.
Have worked on ESF and payment by results contracts.
Can create SMART action plans and conduct individual needs assessments
Have experience working with the Local Authority and Jobcentre Plus
Can demonstrate a high level of accuracy and contractual compliance in their previous roles.
Computer, data entry and MS Office skills
Main duties of an Employment Advisor:
* Work towards a job start targets each month
* Achieve sustained job outcomes each month
* Manage a caseload of customers and support them into work
* Create a smart and robust action plan for each customer
* Fully coach, motivate, inspire and develop customer employability skills
* Actively apply for roles with customers
* Fully preparing customers for job interviews
* Ensuring all paper-based employability tools such as covering letters, CV’s, speculative letters are in place
* Carrying out benefit calculations
* Signposting where applicable to partner agencies
* Liaising with employers to source exclusive job opportunities
* Fully updating the organisation database in a timely manner
Key skills and attributes required for an Employment Advisor:
* Organised and able to manage a caseload of job seekers
* Target driven
* Deep understanding of employability
* Excellent people person with very competent communication skills
Company pension & events
Flexible schedule; Gym membership
Private medical insurance; Wellness programs
Work from home/ office
This is a very rewarding role for the right candidate which requires a very capable and multi skilled individual to be successful. The organisation is well established and has a wonderful culture and ethos with low attrition rates
Seed recruitment are currently working with a stunning medium sized based Nursery in Wimbledon who are seeking someone who is...View Job
The Level 3 Award in Education and Training (Formerly PTLLS) is an essential introduction and license for anyone who wants...View Job
Seed Recruitment are currently have a lovely nursery based in Wimbledon that are seeking a qualified, passionate Nursery Practitioner If...View Job
Bond Education are currently looking to recruit daily supply Teaching Assistants with Primary School experience who are available to cover...View Job
We are working with some fantastic schools in the East London area that are looking for supply teachers. Supply teaching...View Job