£ Competitive + Bonus & Benefits
The Claims department at Markel aim to be market-leaders in the provision of an efficient, cost-effective and professional service to our brokers and clients. Our vision is to be the most customer focused, nimble and value adding claims team in the market. We strive to be pro-active and flexible in the management of claims whilst maintaining our integrity.
There are six divisions within Wholesale MINT; Cyber, Energy, Marine, Trade Credit Political Risk and Surety (TCPRS) and Professional and Financial Risks (PFR).
The Claims Assistant will be part of the Claims Support Unit (CSU), a small team which supports the entirety of the Wholesale claims handling function in both a technical and administrative capacity. You will focus on assisting the CSU & Delegated Claims Lead, supporting the implementation of the Delegated Authority Framework across MINT Wholesale.
What you will be doing:
* To assist the CSU & Delegated Claims Lead in all matters relating to claims administration for MINT Wholesale. This will encompass performing the onboarding and oversight administration for new and renewing delegated arrangements
* Liaising with Key Stakeholders, having regular contact with our DUA team, as well as our Coverholders, Brokers and DCAs
* Monitoring outstanding subjectivities, management information, bordereaux and stewardship meetings
* Uploading LBS bordereaux to DASATS and utilising Lloyd’s Atlas and IQcanvases.
* To provide feedback to the CSU & Delegated Claims Lead, to ensure that all relevant due diligence and contracts are continually up to date and remain fit for purpose
* Assist in producing management information to report on delegated authority arrangements to various Committees, including the Wholesale Claims Leadership Committee on a monthly basis
* To keep up to date with all regulatory and Lloyd’s updates and changes affecting the Delegated Authority market
* To complete ad hoc Claims Data Entry and Delegated Authority tasks as requested by the CSU & Delegated Claims Lead and/or Wholesale Claims Management
* Upload of Lloyd’s Insurance Company (LIC) required documents to Secure-Share and submission of any additional regulatory documentation as required
* Reporting and analysis of expert usage via DOCOsoft and/or Gemini reporting tools
* Co-ordination and engagement in KPMG & internal audits as well as any market thematic reviews and the actions arising
What we look for:
* Exposure within the Lloyd’s Market
* Self-motivated learner and a proactive thinker with high attention to detail
* Be educated to a minimum of A-Level standard or equivalent
* Demonstrate strong written and spoken communication skills in the English language
* Have good IT (Microsoft Office) skills, including Word, Excel and Outlook and ability to use or learn our in-house systems
* Be a team player
* Possess strong independent organisational skills
* Be customer focused, in particular to understand the importance of the quality, clarity and speed of service delivery
Avencia Consulting are an RPO who provide a recruitment service to our client Markel International.
Markel Corporation (NYSE – MKL) a fortune 500 company with over 60 offices in 20+ countries, is a holding company for insurance, reinsurance, specialist advisory and investment operations around the world.
In each of our businesses, we seek to deliver innovative products and adaptable customer service so that we can be a market leader. Our time horizon is long-term, our approach is disciplined, and our focus is on continuously improving the quality of the customer experience.
What's in it for you:
A very competitive basic salary plus bonus & benefits.
25 days’ holiday plus Bank Holidays, with the opportunity to buy / sell extra leave.
Company matched pension scheme, private medical and dental cover, life assurance, travel insurance cover, income protection, a cycle2work scheme, season ticket loan, Employee Assistance Programme (EAP), parental, adoption and shared parental leave pay and plenty more.
Voluntary benefits designed to suit your lifestyle – from discounts and cash back on retail and socialising, to health & wellbeing, travel and technology.
The possibility of working from both the office and from home (hybrid), flexible working or other options are available.
You’ll get the chance to follow your chosen career path anywhere within Markel.
You’ll be joining a global network of experienced, innovative and dedicated individuals across multiple teams and countries. There are countless opportunities to learn new skills and develop in your career, and we’ll provide the support you need to do just that.
What we hope you’ll do next:
Choose ‘Apply now’ to fill out our short application, so that we can find out more about you.
Markel celebrates the value of a diverse workforce that brings experience and expertise from a wide variety of backgrounds and life circumstances. Whatever your background, if you feel you meet the requirements of this role then we want to hear from you
QUALIFIED PRACTICE OPPORTUNITY IN SURREY Are you a Qualified Accountant with 2-5 years PQE looking to continue their career in...View Job
This esteemed and rapidly growing client is looking to employ a particularly dynamic individual. This agency is searching for a...View Job
Java Developer We are currently recruiting a Java Developer (Architect) for a leading global investment bank based in London. Our...View Job
Senior Pensions Administrator, award winning consultancy Due to a number of New Business wins my client, an award winning Pension...View Job
Pensions Administrator – award winning consultancy Due to growth my client, a highly respected Pension consultancy, currently seek several experienced...View Job