About the Role
As an Assistant Store Manager at Matalan you'll role model our Matalan Values and behaviours to support the Store Manager to exceed sales and profit targets and deliver all agreed KPI's in your store. Developing and leading a high performing team you'll drive an inspiring VM proposition and ensure stock availability is maximised. Engaging the store team to be the best they can be and to deliver an excellent customer experience every day.
• You'll work alongside the store management team to drive performance, development and succession planning
• Drive a service culture within store through coaching the team and sharing best practice
• Drive commercial opportunity through daily analysis of sales performance, recorded floor walks and delegation of key actions to the store team
• Take responsibility for all aspects of compliance and audit related activities across the store
• Complete regular performance reviews to identify any development needs and encourage open and honest feedback
• Ensure the VM guide is followed to deliver an inspirational shopping experience
• Previous retail management experience ideally within a volume retailer
• Demonstrable track record of delivering high standards and KPI's
• Proven high standards of customer engagement and service
• Strong leadership, listening and communication skills
• Good analytical ability and data interpretation skills
• Proven ability to develop others
Founded in the early 1980s by John Hargreaves in Liverpool, Matalan is a family retail business that is proud to serve its customer excellent quality at great value. With over 200 stores in the UK, a growing online presence and over 15,000 employees, working here is exciting, collaborative, challenging, and above all fun! As part of the Matalan family you can expect some great benefits and the opportunity to be part of our exciting vision – to become the UK's most trusted value retailer. This is Retail Made Real.
Matalan value diversity and don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. We are committed to being an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from all communities.
In the event that a high volume of suitable applications are received, the post may close prior to the specified closing date. Please apply as soon as possible if interested
Sales Assistants wanted in Harrods/Hamleys/Selfridges Buzz Retail Ltd – London, Greater London Job Description for Sales Assistant If you are...View Job
This is a fantastic opportunity to work for a well-established FMCG company as their new Buyer, with products sourced internationally...View Job
Area Manager – Retail – Croydon The transformation journey this high-street retailer has been on over the past 24 months...View Job
Are you an experience Supply Chain Planner? Do you have a passion for Supply Chain and are now looking for...View Job
Our Retail Assistant's are our ultimate advocates, providing our customers with extraordinary service and brand experience. We are searching for...View Job