Food Regulatory Manager
up to £48,000 + excellent benefits
Central London (Hybrid Working)
Food Policy & Legislation
Job ref: 8230
This role is working for a well-known food association that communicates and promotes food manufacturing industry values.
They work in partnership with key players in the food chain to ensure food is safe, affordable, and nutritious that consumers can trust.
About the Food Regulatory Manager job
You will lead a small team covering technical food safety work and ensuring the appropriate flow of information to help enable companies to continue to provide safe and authentic food in an appropriate regulatory environment.
You will be the technical lead on the company’s food hypersensitivity (allergy and intolerance) policy, develop policy asks, provide advice to members, and develop toolkits.
You will also manage food incidents as required, involving cross-team working to gather sensitive information and liaise with the Government as necessary.
Skills & experience required for the Food Regulatory Manager job
* Degree educated in food technology, food science or related discipline
* Strong working experience within a food business in a technical role, or in a government/food body in a food safety policy role.
* Previously worked with multiple stakeholders to gather information and develop policy, ideally with some experience of working with committees.
* Line management experience.
* Understanding of UK food legislation as it relates to food safety, specifically allergen management but ideally with a knowledge of novel foods, GMO, residues and contaminants, food contact materials, and food ingredients.
* Understanding of procedure in the event of a food safety incident.
The Food Regulatory Manager job is based in London with hybrid working available. The role is paying up to £48,000 according to your experience.
The package includes fantastic benefits including a pension scheme, life insurance, 25 days annual leave, private healthcare, leisure travel insurance, gym subsidy, interest-free season train ticket loan, and a cycle-to-work scheme.
The working hours are Monday to Friday.
How to apply
Please click the Apply button to be considered for the Food Regulatory Manager job.
After you submit your CV, we will aim to contact you in 1-2 business days, assuming that your skills and experience match the job requirements.
On applying for this job, you consent to b3 jobs ltd holding your details on file to contact you about your job search. For full details of our GDPR policy, please refer to the b3 jobs website
Job Title Fork lift Driver/Warehouse Assistant Line Manager Warehouse Manager Contract Term Permanent, Full-time Department Warehouse Executive Reporting Line Manager...View Job
Chartered Surveyors in Kent who work predominantly in the private sector in Central London and the Home Counties have an...View Job
Position: Planning Assistant Manager Salary: £ 27,000 Location: London – Able to hybrid working 2 times / w at the...View Job
Essentia Solutions are currently working with a market leading industrial Laundry based in East London. They are a market leader...View Job
Established in 2008 Bluebaring Recruitment are one of the fastest growing specialist recruitment companies in the UK. We supply Temporary...View Job