Senior Engineer – Public Health
London (Office/Home Hybrid Working)
COWI is a pacesetter in sustainability as we move away from all fossil fuel projects. Our vision is ‘Together, we shape a sustainable and liveable world’. Join us on the journey and be part of making a positive difference to communities for generations to come.
Join us in designing the future!
Job description for Senior Engineer – Public Health
EXTEND YOUR POTENTIAL WITH A GLOBAL TEAM OF EXPERTS
We are looking for a Senior Public Health engineer to join our MEP team in London, giving you the opportunity to co-create on some of the most prestigious infrastructure programmes in the UK.
Your primary task will be to design and lead different disciplines related to water-based systems such as firefighting, water supply and drainage for Tunnel and infrastructure projects.
On a day-to-day basis, you'll be responsible for:
* Preparing design concept schemes, design detail drawings, calculations, tender documents and reports related to public health, plumbing , fire protection and gas services.
* Production of engineering design and detail in accordance with project requirements, applicable codes, standards, and client requirements
* Preparing design calculations, drawings and 3D model input
* Perform interface coordination tasks with other disciplines
* Writing technical reports and specifications
* Checking of reports, calculations and drawings done by other engineers
* Developing and implementing design best practices, ensuring design conformance with codes and client requirements
* Preparing hydraulic calculations for plumbing, drainage & fire fighting systems.
* Design of water supply, Drainage, Storm water drainage and fire suppression infrastructures.
Experience required for Senior Engineer – Public Health
To do well in this position, we believe that you'll be eager to collaborate with others while keeping our clients engaged. You'll also pursue new insights and constantly explore new ways to improve, while respecting our clients, your colleagues, the local community, and the planet we live on.
Furthermore, you'll have:
* A degree in mechanical engineering or similar
* Achieved Chartered Engineer status or possess a similar professional qualification
* Relevant experience within mechanical systems design
* The ability to provide technically sound solutions alone and as a discipline lead
* A solid mechanical understanding of water-based systems such as firefighting, water supply and drainage
* Experience with hydraulic modelling, steady state and transient analysis calculations
* Knowledge on pipe support and stress calculations
* Experience with 3D and BIM design
* Efficient reporting and communication skills in verbal and written form
Benefits offered for Senior Civil Engineer (Utilities)
Being part of the COWI community offers more than just a competitive salary. We take care of our people both professionally and personally.
Some of our benefits include:
* 28 days' holiday plus all bank and public holidays
* Formalised development plans and yearly promotion opportunities
* Private health care, you, and your immediate dependents
* Flexible and hybrid working conditions
* Annual subscription fees paid for your membership of 2 Professional Institutions
* Group personal pension scheme – salary exchange
* Life assurance
* Cycle to work scheme
* Corporate gym membership
* Workplace nursery vouchers
* Annual season ticket scheme
As part of our commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion, we also partner with the wise campaign with the aim of recruiting candidates to create a better gender balance.
COWI'S TEAM IN THE UK
Together with customers, partners, and colleagues, we shape a future where people and societies grow and flourish. We do that by co-creating sustainable and beautiful solutions that improve the quality of life for people today and many generations ahead.
With over 93 offices worldwide, COWI is a growing international consulting group. As a member of the UK team, you'll join our skilled experts across the transportation and energy sectors. Projects are
diverse and focused on offshore wind, hydro, tunnels, bridges, and highways. We pride ourselves on delivering for our clients and the communities we serve.
Living up to our core values is a priority in the way we work. We collaborate with our customers, partners, and colleagues to connect people and places to create better solutions. We respect our environment and focus on assisting local communities thrive by creating opportunities. We are curious and forward thinking as we pursue new knowledge and insights. Most importantly, We Care.
COWI provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, gender, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, COWI complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, lay-off, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training
Our client is a large Architectural Steel Company and they are looking for fabricators for ongoing workshop work in Feltham...View Job
Welder MIG or TIG Required ASAP ## We need 2 welders to work at our clients workshop in Feltham, Middlesex...View Job
We have vacancies for several Air Conditioning service and maintenance engineers across London and the home counties. Installation experience may...View Job
FIRE ALARM ENGINEER – BASIC SALARY UP TO £40,000 PER ANNUM! Our client who have been an established Fire and...View Job
Are you a Refrigeration Engineer or Chiller , looking for a long term, stable role offering future progression opportunities and...View Job