We are investigators, problem solvers, brilliant thinkers, relentless explorers, we are Ultra!
At Ultra Cyber we protect highly sensitive information, working with nations worldwide to help ensure their information is secure as possible. Our engineers work on the most difficult cybersecurity challenges to protect our national security and critical infrastructure; we strive to protect what matters.
It’s why we come to work. It’s what we are good at.
At Ultra Cyber you will be:
* Given a wealth of development opportunities with a clear career plan in-mind
* Provided with internal and external training opportunities
* Work on state-of-the-art Cyber Security equipment within high-grade crypto and information assurance
* Part of an agile organisation, with the ability to make a real difference
* Involved in multiple domains and projects, throughout the engineering lifecycle
* Work in a dynamic environment, with the ability to make significant personal impact
* Have exposure to all functional and business areas, with opportunities to broaden your knowledge
* In an environment where talent is recognised and promoted
This is a great opportunity for a Graduate to work within the Configuration Management Team provide software configuration management, build management to various projects within the Cyber UK Business Unit. This role will come with a wealth of training and development opportunities to get you up to speed.
The role, in conjunction with the Configuration Manager, involves working with multiple project teams each ranging in size from 2 to 20 engineers spread across 2 sites to provide robust configuration management and build solutions to multiple (software/firmware) projects with the Cyber UK Business Unit, delivering multiple concurrent research, development and production programmes ranging from tens of £k to several £m.
Qualifications / skills required
* A relevant engineering / computer science degree or equivalent experience.
* Basic/Intermediate knowledge of Configuration Management
* Basic knowledge of DevOps / DevSecOps / Continuous Integration
* Waterfall development processes and / or Agile development processes
* Familiar with scripting languages (for example, Python, DOS-CMD, PowerShell, Bash, TCL)
* Maintain the Configuration Management system to meeting project and quality targets.
* Maintain the Continuous Integration Build systems to ensure a steady flow of build outputs required by the project teams.
* Create and maintain the Configuration Management project documentation to ensure that the project(s) have well defined, supportable and robust configuration management systems in place.
* Assist in the timely creation of Release documentation to ensure that there is a clear flow of information associated with each system build and release.
* Obtain relevant metrics to allow the configuration management team working with the project identify areas that would benefit from process improvement
* Represent the configuration management team on a number of project teams to understand the project demands on the configuration management / build structure, also feed good configuration management practice into the project team.
* Involved (with the functional teams and I.T.) in the management of software tool licences.
* Manage security of information as defined in the Security manual.
* Assist in the configuration and management of the Engineering department tools and systems, for instance the Version Control System (Git), Task/Defect tracking System (Jira), Static Analysis Tool.
* Developing into:
* Propose and implement improvements to all the current configuration/build processes used within the department
* Proposal of tools / solutions to improve engineering processes
* Taking responsibility for the config and build management for a single or multiple projects in its entirety.
Every employee is critical to our success and as such we offer a range of flexible employee benefits including:
Bonus – performance related
25 days’ holiday with the option to buy an extra 5
4 x Life Assurance Cover
Flexible working hours
Early Finish on a Friday
Our Ultra Select Benefits package including – subsidised gym & retail, childcare vouchers, cycle to work schemes, etc.
We trust and empower each other; we love to celebrate success and we win as a team. Together, we embrace change and we’re never satisfied until we’ve done what we said we’d do
Our client is a large Architectural Steel Company and they are looking for fabricators for ongoing workshop work in Feltham...View Job
Welder MIG or TIG Required ASAP ## We need 2 welders to work at our clients workshop in Feltham, Middlesex...View Job
We have vacancies for several Air Conditioning service and maintenance engineers across London and the home counties. Installation experience may...View Job
FIRE ALARM ENGINEER – BASIC SALARY UP TO £40,000 PER ANNUM! Our client who have been an established Fire and...View Job
Are you a Refrigeration Engineer or Chiller , looking for a long term, stable role offering future progression opportunities and...View Job