Our client an International bank is seeking a Senior compliance – Governance Manager to assist the Head of Compliance to oversee, manage and comply with the requirements of the Individual Accountability (Senior Managers) Regime and Treasury. The job holder will also be required to assist the Head of HR to meet the HR related aspects of the SMR including, for example, the management of the vetting process under the SMR regime, training, docket preparation for which he/she will report to the Head of HR.
Areas of Responsibility but not limited to
* To possess a thorough up-to-date understanding of the relevant PRA/FCA rules in particular in respect to SMR, MiFID II and CASS and remain up to date with regulatory and legislative developments and ensure the implications for the Bank are assessed and where necessary disseminated and implemented.
* Maintain and keep up to date all documentation required to allow the Bank to meet its obligations under SMR.
* To assist the Head of Compliance and Head of HR to ensure that staff are appropriately trained (including new staff as part of the induction process) on the SMR requirements and Conduct Rules.
* To prepare and submit regular reports on SMR and, as necessary, other Compliance related matters to the Governing bodies so that they are kept fully appraised on any regulatory developments and the Bank’s compliance with existing requirements.
* To assist the Head of Compliance to manage the processes relating to SMR and certification regime, including any changes to or appointment of the Senior Management Functions and Certified staff.
* To support the Heads of Compliance and HR to manage the process under the Fitness and Properness requirements, including providing assistance to the Head of HR to complete external criminal checks, as required, on the SMF and certified staff population.
* To assist the Head of HR to manage the embedding and reporting under the Bank’s Remuneration Policy and, as necessary, other HR policies relating to SMR.
* To promptly deal with or escalate regulatory breaches to the Head of Compliance and ensure both corrective and preventive actions have been implemented by the business unit.
* To facilitate effective and constructive sharing of knowledge and experience of compliance issues and to effectively engage with all the staff members.
* To manage and complete registrations using the PRA / FCA online platform.
* To undertake other Compliance related projects as directed by the Head of
* Provide support and act as a back-up for CASS related matters. Undertake regular risk based monitoring, to test the embedding of Compliance arrangements within the Bank. For example, SMCR and CASS.
Experience and Qualifications
* Minimum 5 years in Financial Services
* Ability to consider issues from a range of angles and propose creative solutions that assist the business in achieving its goals in a safe, compliant and controlled manner
* Ability to use initiative and work with minimum supervision but ensuring, at the same time, that the line reports are kept fully informed at all times
QUALIFIED PRACTICE OPPORTUNITY IN SURREY Are you a Qualified Accountant with 2-5 years PQE looking to continue their career in...View Job
This esteemed and rapidly growing client is looking to employ a particularly dynamic individual. This agency is searching for a...View Job
Java Developer We are currently recruiting a Java Developer (Architect) for a leading global investment bank based in London. Our...View Job
Senior Pensions Administrator, award winning consultancy Due to a number of New Business wins my client, an award winning Pension...View Job
Pensions Administrator – award winning consultancy Due to growth my client, a highly respected Pension consultancy, currently seek several experienced...View Job