- Date Posted:
- Recruiter: London CV Recruiter
- Location:Regent's Park
- Job Type: Contract
- Salary:£60000 - £80000/annum GBP
Privacy Counsel & DPO
One of Our Private Healthcare Clients have an exciting opportunity for a Privacy Counsel & DPO to join our Legal Department.
Job Type: Fix term Contact
Duration of booking: Expected to last 4 months with possible extension
Proposed start date: ASAP
Pay Rates: £60 to £80K experience dependant
Hours / Working Days: 37.5 hours per week / Monday to Friday, 9am – 5pm
Based: 2-3 days Office based / WFH
* Lead on all UK privacy compliance.
* Liaise with regulatory authorities, and serve as the Data Protection Officer.
* Advise on a number of privacy initiatives including DPIAs, IDTAs, privacy by design for product development, incident management and activities using OneTrust technology, legal knowhow, templates, playbooks and policies.
* Undertake horizon scanning by analysing upcoming legal and privacy risks to craft appropriate legal solutions.
* Train teams on privacy.
* Assist in developing and refining Legal team know-how including templates, playbooks, and policies to address the evolving needs of the business.
* Negotiate and draft of privacy terms in agreements with vendors and partners.
* Demonstrate privacy experience and propose solutions to manage privacy issues including collaborative engagement with subject matter experts (including in Security and Clinical Operations).
* Build trusting relationships with senior stakeholders.
* Manage outside counsel balancing cost and effectiveness in the delivery of legal services.
* Digesting rules quickly and determining the impact for the business and helping to set the risk tolerance for approach.
* Working efficiently across many projects and issues effectively at the same time
* Demonstrates high degree of capability to balance pragmatism with technical legal advice.
* Ability to influence stakeholders through a degree of commercial acumen that inspires trust and confidence. Supports others to "see the bigger picture".
* Perceived as a trusted advisor and contributes in such a way that creates significant commercial value for the business.
* Excellent communication and drafting skills
Qualifications and Experience
* Qualified lawyer with in-house legal experience
* At least 4 years’ post-qualification experience at a top tier City firm or in-house Legal team in a large organisation.
* Previous in-house experience
* Prior legal experience in healthcare or technology industries