- Date Posted:
- Recruiter: London CV Recruiter
- Job Type: Full Time
- Salary:£27000/annum GBP
Waste Collection Driver
providing buildings support to local authorities, social landlords, NHS trusts and private sector clients for over 40 years. Founded in 1979, we have a proven track record of delivering successful mechanical, electrical and security services and solutions to our commercial and domestic clients, with whom we have developed longstanding partnerships.
Working hours: 45 hours per week, 8am – 6pm Monday to Friday with 1-hour unpaid lunch.
Organise and manage waste disposal, collection and recycling facilities. Ensuring all waste is disposed of safely, with due consideration for the environment and whilst conforming to government regulations. Assist in meeting targets for waste reduction and recycling, in particular the European Union (EU) Landfill Directive which aims to reduce landfill waste.
· Collecting and transporting of all waste products
· Assisting with the development, promotion and implementation of new waste disposal schemes;
· Ensuring compliance with current legislation in the transportation, handling and disposal of waste;
· Liaising with environmental/H&S officer, assisting in meet waste reduction and recycling targets;
· Consulting with residents about waste management issues, identifying their requirements and providing appropriate solutions as necessary.
· Ensure that site is left clean/tidy on completion of works prior to hand-over to client/resident alike.
· Remove form site and dispose of in approved manner, all redundant materials and residual waste from site on completion of work.
· To ensure that areas are cleared and safe to the required Company standard and within projected time-scale.
· To report on a regular basis to management on the status of waste/collection within the company to identify, in good time, problems of time-scale or resources.
· To ensure that all work carried out complies with the relevant sections of the ‘Health and Safety at Work Act’.
· Keeping records as appropriate
· Assist with delivery’s across all contracts.
Collection and returning of parts to suppliers as and when required
The Ideal Candidate Will
· Knowledge of Risk Assessment Process
· Asbestos Aware
Essential Qualifications/ Skills
· To be self-motivated and able to work on own initiative with the minimum amount of supervision being required.
· Knowledge of waste disposal, collection and recycling
· Good practical skills and problem solving skills
· The ability to work carefully, methodically and safely
· The ability to ensure all work is carried out in line with the ‘Health and Safety at Work Act
· Good written and spoken communication skills
· Full clean driving license
Working for us:
* 21 days holiday increasing by 1 extra day every 2 years up to a maximum of 25 days, plus statutory days
* Pension scheme – Auto enrolment
* Life Insurance
* Employee Assistance Programme
* Employee Referral Scheme
* Staff Discounts
* Company Vehicle (No private use)
* Mobile Phone
* 3-month probationary period (This can be extended if deemed necessary
* Paid monthly via bacs
* We are an equal opportunities employer
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: Up to £27,000.00 per year
* Company car
* Company pension
* Employee discount
* Health & wellbeing programme
Supplemental pay types:
* Bonus scheme