We are currently recruiting for a REMOTE based Financial Controls Specialist on a contract basis. This role will be outside of IR35.
The Finance Controls specialist will lead on the identification, assessment and documentation of key risks and controls linked to financial reporting and SII risks. The required controls must be rigorous and appropriate as well as meet the standards expected by internal and external auditors and the requirements as defined by the Regulator.
Outline approach to identification and assessment of processes linked to financial reporting and SII risks
Produce workflow plan to structure scoping and assessment based on agreed business priorities and SME availability
Schedule, lead and facilitate workshops to document E2E process flowchart, record material risks and identify controls
Set-up process repository on the chosen tool and as per agreed basis
Coordinate SME review and sign-off
Identification of key financial processes relevant to Financial Reporting & SII
Identification and assessment of key risks
Identification, assessment and design of key controls to mitigate the risks
Supporting the documentation of Finance processes and controls
Assessing complex EUCs and its compliance with EUC polices
Mapping and documentation of the following
Risk Control Matrix
End to end Finance/Actuarial process narrative and flowchart
Essential for the role
Qualified accountant (ACA/CIMA/ACCA) with at least 4+ years' experience in public accounting, internal audit, control, risk or other activities that directly align with the specific responsibilities for this position.
Skills and Knowledge
· Good understanding of risk management and audit principles and practices with particular focus on processes, risk and control for Financial Reporting and SII
· Analytical approach with ability to work systematically and unsupervised, to tight deadlines and with multiple competing priorities.
· Pragmatic problem-solver with commercial awareness and a flexible, collaborative approach.
· A self-starter and independent learner who takes the initiative to challenge the status quo and is creative and comfortable with 'blank sheet of paper' assignments.
· Proficient in Microsoft Visio and Excel
· Strong Financial Reporting control experience and oversight of control environment in Insurance sector is essential
· First-hand operational experience, able to work independently to design controls and processes, to define and document business processes, and to identify and rectify deficiencies and monitor remediation
QUALIFIED PRACTICE OPPORTUNITY IN SURREY Are you a Qualified Accountant with 2-5 years PQE looking to continue their career in...View Job
This esteemed and rapidly growing client is looking to employ a particularly dynamic individual. This agency is searching for a...View Job
Java Developer We are currently recruiting a Java Developer (Architect) for a leading global investment bank based in London. Our...View Job
Senior Pensions Administrator, award winning consultancy Due to a number of New Business wins my client, an award winning Pension...View Job
Pensions Administrator – award winning consultancy Due to growth my client, a highly respected Pension consultancy, currently seek several experienced...View Job