Do you have the drive and passion to support young people? Do you want to help young people reach their full potential? You could be our next Youth Worker.
Fixed term contracts up to 2 years
Starting rate £12.02 per hour + Excellent Benefits
Youth First was born from the passion of youth and play workers to create a means to sustain and ideally grow youth work for young people aged 8-19 (up to 25 with SEND), first in Lewisham and now beyond.
Youth First’s mission is to support and improve young people’s lives through positive activities; adventure play and the provision of safe spaces.
We now have fantastic roles available for Youth & Play Workers to deliver high quality and innovative youth and play services for young people in a variety of settings including youth clubs, adventure playgrounds or via outreach and street-based work.
Permanent & fixed term roles are available.
About the role
* You will support and deliver appropriate face-to-face activities for young people aged 8-19 (up to 25 with SEND) at a variety of settings including youth centres; adventure playgrounds; outreach or street-based work.
* You will play an essential role in building the confidence of young people, developing their social development, safeguarding, and early intervention to prevent escalation of their needs.
Previous experience of working with young people would be an advantage.
Various shifts are available between 3.00pm – 9.00pm during weekdays and between 2.00pm – 5.00pm on Saturdays, all at locations in the Borough of Lewisham.
Essential Requirements for the ideal Youth Worker
* Working knowledge and understanding of the principles of youth work, with a strong commitment to young people and a thorough knowledge of the issues facing them.
* Educated to NVQ Level 2 (or above) qualification in Youth or Community work (or equivalent) in similar field or substantial experience.
* A minimum of 1 years’ experience of working directly with young people, including supporting, delivering and evaluating high quality sessions and activities for young people.
* Experience of working with a wide range of young people, including those who may be experiencing difficulties in their lives, and of addressing equal opportunities issues in a non-formal learning environment.
* Ability to work flexible hours within the requested contracted hours and fitting to the needs of the service. This includes evening (3pm to 9pm) and possible weekend working.
* Awareness of safeguarding, health and safety and data protection practices.
* Ability to use MS Office and competent in Maths and English.
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Please note that this role may involve regular physical activity in all weather conditions.
This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Benefits of working for Youth First:
We will provide the opportunity to advance your skills and become a shareholder of Youth First.
Benefits of working with us include:
* Flexible working.
* Excellent pension package with Standard Life.
* 30 days holiday per year plus bank holidays – pro rata for part time employees.
* High performance is recognised and rewarded.
* Training courses in a variety of topics.
* Cycle to work scheme.
* Computer loan scheme.
* Employee Forums.
* Employee Excellence Award.
* Diverse workforce.
* Staff social events.
Interview Date: TBC
Closing date: 17/07/2022
How to apply for this role:
If you have the skills and experience required for this Youth Worker position, click “apply” today and you will be directed to the Youth First website to complete your application and provide any other supporting documents.
You must be eligible to work in the UK.
Other suitable skills and experience includes: Youth Worker, Young Person Support Worker, Support Assistant, Social Worker, Play Worker, Community Support Officer, Safeguarding Officer, Youth Activities Coordinator, Youth Activities Manager
Midday Meal supervisor * 2.15 hours per day * Mon – Fri * Sydenham * September 2022 start A 3...View Job
Seed recruitment are currently working with a stunning medium sized based Nursery in Wimbledon who are seeking someone who is...View Job
Manchester Staff are working with our exclusive client in Manchester, helping them with urgent roles based in London. We are...View Job
Midday Meal supervisor * 11.00am – 1.00pm * Monday to Friday * Muswell Hill Primary School * Ongoing contract A...View Job
Midday Meal supervisor * 10.00am – 1.15pm * Monday to Friday * Camden * Ongoing contract A lovely primary school...View Job