The Associates are working with a large Financial services company to find an excellent Infrastructure Manager who has notable experience in End User Computing. The role will be either London or Nottingham based and will manage the End User Support Team within The company. The team is part of the second-line support services supporting the company’s Desktops, Laptops and VDI solutions. The company is going through a period of massive growth and change with large data and digital programmes underway.
The geographically dispersed team has responsibility for supporting approximately 3500 end user devices which underpin 24/7 business operations across UK and international sites. The End User Compute Manager lead will be responsible for supporting and managing the team that supports the infrastructure.
The manager will need to work collaboratively with other Technology & Engineering teams to provide stable systems, support the delivery of projects and larger change programmes.
You will have the responsibilities below within the role :
* Ability to manage a large workload with strict deadlines
* Customer Focused
* Excellent problem-solving abilities
* Good customer facing skills
* Adapt to changing business needs and requirements at short notice
* Prioritise work according to changing business needs
* Communicate and collaborate effectively with other IT teams to resolve complex problems
* Understand the desktop and laptop requirements for the business and advise when better options are available with modern technology
* Project work such as software and hardware rollouts. With the diversity of the team, it is important that resources can be managed to keep BAU running smoothly.
* Arrange deployment of resource to other sites as required
* Communicate sympathetically with clients and provide regular updates of issues as required
* Ensure hardware levels of important items are kept in stock
* Regular contact with remote sites to discuss site issues and keep them informed of forthcoming work
* Manage team budgets effectively to get value for money for the business
* Manage relationship with suppliers to ensure costs are kept to a minimum and purchases are checked and delivered within strict timescales
· Experience of leading, managing, and inspiring a team supporting a medium to large Infrastructure estate.
· Experience in supporting/deploying enterprise systems.
· Experience in heterogeneous environments.
· At least 3 years of technical experience in cloud environments.
· Understanding of business continuity and disaster recovery processes
Solid understanding of the following software:
* Windows Operating systems
* Microsoft Office
* Adobe suite of products
* As400 applications
* End Point Protection
This is a role that will see you lead a team infrastructure personnel through a period of change for the business that will require you to promote continued learning and adoption of new ways of working. The Infrastructure department work in a very collaborative manner and function as a true team to deliver the solutions
QUALIFIED PRACTICE OPPORTUNITY IN SURREY Are you a Qualified Accountant with 2-5 years PQE looking to continue their career in...View Job
This esteemed and rapidly growing client is looking to employ a particularly dynamic individual. This agency is searching for a...View Job
Java Developer We are currently recruiting a Java Developer (Architect) for a leading global investment bank based in London. Our...View Job
Senior Pensions Administrator, award winning consultancy Due to a number of New Business wins my client, an award winning Pension...View Job
Pensions Administrator – award winning consultancy Due to growth my client, a highly respected Pension consultancy, currently seek several experienced...View Job