Excellent opportunity within Housing Association for an experenced VAT Manager. Reporting to the Head of Tax you will be a tax technical specialist with a high level of VAT knowledge and experience.
You will be responsible for providing VAT advice to the Group, including on development/land projects, managing the VAT compliance process and ensuring the Group is fully compliant with all VAT laws and regulations. The Tax Accountant reports to the VAT Manager and the VAT Manager will be responsible for managing and developing the Tax Accountant.
You will be a professionally qualified individual with significant and demonstrable indirect tax experience covering both technical VAT, systems and project work. The individual will need to be able to communicate at all levels, explain complex technical issues in plain language and drive projects forward.
* Review all VAT returns prepared by the Tax Accountant ensuring the returns are accurate and complete prior to sign off by the Head of Tax.
* Support operations teams with CIS support and supplier verifications.
* Review Capital Goods Scheme, Partial Exemption Special Method and Partial Exemption Standard method calculations, assist Tax Accountant where required.
* Identify tax compliance risks/opportunities.
* Ensure the Group’s full compliance with all new VAT tax legislation. Inform the business of any changes that may affect the organisation, monitor VAT rate changes ensuring Finance systems are updated accordingly.
* Organise and deliver VAT training sessions to the wider business.
* Provide detailed VAT advice on all new development/land projects, liaising with project teams as necessary.
* Respond to ad-hoc VAT queries from the business, supporting the Head of Tax across other taxes included corporation tax, SDLT and CIS.
* Assist the Head of Tax in managing the relationship with HMRC.
* Professionally qualified accountant, CTA or alternative HMRC exams
* Significant and demonstrable post qualifying indirect tax experience covering both technical VAT and systems work
* Experience of the social housing/charity sector is desirable
Excellent Microsoft office skills, experience of Oracle would be preferred
QUALIFIED PRACTICE OPPORTUNITY IN SURREY Are you a Qualified Accountant with 2-5 years PQE looking to continue their career in...View Job
This esteemed and rapidly growing client is looking to employ a particularly dynamic individual. This agency is searching for a...View Job
Java Developer We are currently recruiting a Java Developer (Architect) for a leading global investment bank based in London. Our...View Job
Senior Pensions Administrator, award winning consultancy Due to a number of New Business wins my client, an award winning Pension...View Job
Pensions Administrator – award winning consultancy Due to growth my client, a highly respected Pension consultancy, currently seek several experienced...View Job