A leading firm of accountants is recruiting for a Senior Audit Associate to join its award winning Not for Profit team at its office in the City of London. This role is available because of the firm’s continuing success and subsequent growth generally, and specifically within the NFP audit sector.
The role will involve working with a variety of prestigious clients within the NFP sector (including INGOs, grant makers, schools, academies, membership organisations, professional bodies and housing associations), many of whom are top 100 charities or household names.
This Top 20 firm has gone from strength to strength in recent years leading to the requirement to recruit talented, dynamic people to help the firm to continue to provide an exemplary service to its growing client base.
Within this role, you will be expected to take responsibility for running the audit and leading the on-site audit team, working directly with the client under manager supervision. You will manage the audit team and supervise the audit process to ensure that audits are of high quality.
As Senior Audit Associate your responsibilities will include:
* Assist in the planning, execution and completion of all areas of the audit for manager and partner review, including the preparation of draft reports to senior client management and Audit Committees/Boards
* Produce work for manager and partner review clearly highlighting issues and providing potential solutions to issues identified, ensuring compliance with internal (audit methodology and risk management) and external (regulatory) requirements
* Show initiative and take responsibility for management of the audit to ensure completion within the agreed budget and timescales
* Act as the principal contact for the client during the on-site fieldwork with active engagement with senior client staff in order to gain a good understanding of the organisation and ensure the efficient execution of the audit
* Manage on-site teams and assist in the supervision and development of more junior team members
* Opportunities for involvement in proposals and presentations for new work
* Participate in team and firm wide activities and training opportunities
We welcome applications from people with the following skills attributes and experience:
* Qualified ACA, ICAS or ACCA with audit experience gained within a UK practice environment
* Strong technical knowledge of auditing and accounting standards
* A good working knowledge of Excel and Word
* Knowledge and experience of charity audits and the NFP sector, including the Charities SORP is an advantage, although not essential
* A wider interest in the Non-Profits and charity sector
* Ability to work to tight deadlines and manage time effectively
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
This well-established, forward thinking firm has fully embraced modern working practices and is a great place to work and progress your career. Within this position, you will be rewarded with a good salary and benefits package and there will be opportunities for development and career progression.
We can only accept applications from candidates that have the right to work in the UK without requiring sponsorship.
Submit your CV for this Senior Audit Associate role
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful
QUALIFIED PRACTICE OPPORTUNITY IN SURREY Are you a Qualified Accountant with 2-5 years PQE looking to continue their career in...View Job
This esteemed and rapidly growing client is looking to employ a particularly dynamic individual. This agency is searching for a...View Job
Java Developer We are currently recruiting a Java Developer (Architect) for a leading global investment bank based in London. Our...View Job
Senior Pensions Administrator, award winning consultancy Due to a number of New Business wins my client, an award winning Pension...View Job
Pensions Administrator – award winning consultancy Due to growth my client, a highly respected Pension consultancy, currently seek several experienced...View Job